Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Viking River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How well can a handicap person manage a river cruise

My wife and I are thinking of taking a river cruise down the Rhine and I have some questions since I am confined to either a wheel chair or a three wheel motorize scooter ( not to be confused with a motorized wheel chair). My question knowing my condition would you the more experienced cruisers recommend this type of trip. Or am I better off to stick to the major ocean cruise ships?

My main concerns are whether I am going to be able to see things or will I be spending more time on the ship as my wife who is 100% mobile goes and see's all of things we hoped to see for the first time together. I am old enough to realize that in the old world "handicap accessible" was a non-factor.

I look forward to the input and recommendations.

Kevin E.
Saint Paul, MN
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I do know for a fact this brand new river boat I am sitting on right now has no elevators at all - and that is a major problem for any handicapped person. This may be the only one. We will try to find some other river boats that do have elevators for you.

Considering this is a brand new boat I am a little surprised by this, but there it is.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to hollyevans119

I would say that the boat might be an issue but the shore excursions will not be, You will not have to stay on the boat just because you are handicapped. You will be able to go off, just you and your wife and go sight seeing and have a look at the wonderful views
Enjoy your trip!