First, welcome to CruiseMates and cruising in general.
1. Depends who is on spring break, and then again how many people are willing to go. 3 day cruises are good because a lot more people are willing to miss school/work/etc... I honestly have never been on a cruise THAT short that is actually in memory, so I can't judge for you. There are always teens - whether it will be a raging party, it is hard to say.
2. It happens. The game just changes on the shortened cruises because of the limited time to get to know people. Think of it as a one night stand as opposed to a weeklong relationship.
3. I, nor anyone else on this board, can answer this question publicly (privately I have no control over). All I can say is use common sense.
Teen Host Past Cruises CCL:
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Sensation (8/19/12) NCL:
Sea (2/22/03) PCL:
Crown (3/5/11) RCI:
Freedom (3/7/10) Future
Carnival Pride (12/16/12)
1. April can be a tossup, it depends on how many schools are closed for spring break.
2. Even on a short 3 day cruise, anything can happen.
3. Security on cruises is strict about this sort of thing, so it's best to not even try. And, as bold and revolutionary of an idea this is, it is quite possible to have fun on a cruise without consuming any alcohol.
Past Cruises (all except one from NYC)
Carnival Triumph to Canada: August 1999
Carnival Victory to Canada: July 2000
Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda: July 2001 AND July 2002
Celebrity Galaxy to Caribbean (from Baltimore): July 2003
Voyager of the Seas to Caribbean: July 2004
Crown Princess to Caribbean: July 2006
Carnival Victory to Canada: August 2007
Carnival Miracle to Caribbean: May 2008
Staten Island Ferry, I mean what else in NYC is free?
My mom today brought up possibly booking a last-minute cruise for April 15th (a 3 day cruise to Mexico on the Carnival Paradise) and I've never been on a cruise before so I had some questions.
1) Will there be a lot of teens on a cruise this time of year?
2) I am interested in hook-ups/"cruise couples" on this cruise, but is 3 days not enough time for this?
3) Do teens ever drink on these cruises? I know it isn't allowed on cruises but it's never allowed and it still happens.....
Welcome to cruising (hopefully!)
1- there are always teens. shorter cruises means you're probably in luck to do meet more.
2- like said above itll probably be a one night stand.
3- cruising is different than real life. they are more strict and honestly I have never seen it happen. but its refreshing to meet someone on a regular level without any influences and I've had tons of fun without it