Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM
Beginner

Default entry fee for canadians to chile?

I am booked on a Cape Horn cruise this winter, and I am just now starting to hear about a fee charged upon entering Chile. Does anyone know how much this is for Canadians?
We are a family of five (three children--ages 8 - 16) and we will be starting in Buenos Aires and ending up in Santiago to fly out. If anyone has any information on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

No visa is required for Canadians to enter Chile. A valid Canadian passport is required. The visa would be an additional fee.

I would call the cruise line for information on any other taxes or fees that may be charged.

It is "possible" the fees could be port charges or other taxes that are part of your total fare.

I do strongly recommend making the call to the cruise line.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Beginner

Thanks, Mike. I'll do that right away!!
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Familiar Face

Default Visa for Chile

We flew into Chile from Peru to pick up our cruise last February and were shocked to have to pay around $135 US, cash only as I recall, when citizens of other countries paid considerably less. Check current rates on line BUT they simply said it was reciprocal. Not sure what we did to merit such a high rate! At least the exchange rate is better now.

The entire South American trip was fantastic, but there were just the two of us paying for such visas and somehow we'd come prepared -- perhaps from on line info.

Another proud Canadian
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Beginner

Default canadians - entry fee for chile?

Thanks for the warning! I guess I'll just have to have plenty of cash on hand for the five of us!!
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Beginner

Default Entry Fee for Canadian to Chile?

Hi Mike:

Chile Passport & Visa Requirements Print this Guide | Email this Guide

Avoid the Stress | Avoid the queues
Let Global Visas organise your visa for Chile

Entry requirements for Americans: No visa is required by US nationals for visits of up to 90 days, but a US$100 reciprocity fee, payable in USD cash on arrival, will be charged for tourists. The receipt is regarded as a multiple entry visa and is valid until expiry of passport. A passport is required for travel to Chile.
Entry requirements for UK nationals: UK nationals do not require a visa for visits of up to 90 days. A passport is required.
Entry requirements for Canadians: No visa is required by Canadians for visits of up to 90 days, but a US$132 reciprocity fee, payable in USD cash on arrival, will be charged for tourists. The receipt is regarded as a multiple entry visa and is valid until expiry of passport. A passport is required for travel to Chile.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Beginner

We will be flying into Santiago from Canada, staying for two nights prior to leaving for an Antarctica cruise in December. My hubby and I have dual citizenship, both U.K. and Canadian passports. Could we just show our U.K. passports when entering Chile and avoid the $132. U.S. entry fee charged to U.S. and Canadian citizens, but not charged to U.K. citizens?