Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Silversea Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Silversea Brings Back Best-fare Guarantees

Silversea Brings Back Best-fare Guarantees
by Paul Motter

The new "Silver Privilege" program offers guests a guaranteed, simple to understand, low-fare price structure with best price guarantees if the fare goes even lower.

Silver Wind is one of the
classic luxury cruise vessels
from Silversea

The new "Silver Privilege" program from luxury cruise line Silversea starts today (November 1, 2012) for all fares with price guarantees to cruises sailing on or after June 1, 2013.

These days, many luxury cruise lines obfuscate the true price of their cruises by including pre and post-cruise hotel stays, discounts on airfare, and many other possible incentives to get people to book their cruises.

While these pricing plans have been proven successful, they also make it much harder to compare offering from competing cruise lines that do not include the same things. Of course, just because something is "included" in the fare it does not mean you do not pay something for it, but in order to compare price one must also find prices for air and hotel for the competing cruise lines.

Read more: Silversea Brings Back Best-fare Guarantees
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Paul, can you do a follow-up report on this. I am looking at Voyage 7418 on Silver Explorer and am confused by the Price Guarantee aspect. You have always been able to get lower price if there are price drops (especially before final payment) so I can't figure out what they are offering.

As for touting the "ala carte" concept; I think that is great. Maybe they can make Regent drop the excursions (you can already get credit for air and hotel).

thanks,

Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I will try Marc, I just sent the line a query.
Old November 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Marc...

Silversea says they never had a best price guarantee program before - so I am not sure who was giving one to you, maybe your travel agent? (or maybe it just wasn't formal before).

" In the past, Silversea did not have a formal policy like our new Fare Guarantee Program. This is a first for us."

-- this was their reply.
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Admiral

Paul, thanks for checking. I have had only one sailing on Silversea (Silver Explorer) and there wasn't a price decrease after booking so I never had to ask for a decrease. Interesting that they never had a policy before which would force people to cancel and rebook (assuming same category available) instead of just changing the invoice.

Again, thanks for checking.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14