CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shopping! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/)
-   -   Shopping (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/382877-shopping.html)

Lakers Fan June 2nd, 2011 10:39 PM

Shopping

Do you buy something in each port regardless if you need it or not just to have something from that port ?

I used to do that ,lately I tend to buy tee shirts and post cards.

Trip June 2nd, 2011 11:02 PM

No...I'm not a collector of souvenir type items, so to buy for the sake of buying something I don't do. In the Caribbean, I might buy a bauble or perfume, In Italy, I bought a handbag.

anniegb June 3rd, 2011 03:21 AM

Meet me - functional shopper am I.

I don't buy anything unless I really, really like it and it has a practical purpose.

Exception is museum guidebooks.

Also Italy - well done Trip for only buying 1 handbag.

Annie

Doug S June 3rd, 2011 09:45 AM

Anymore, if we're repeating iteneraries we don't even get off in every port if we don't feel like it. We do try to buy something for a few special people over the course of the trip, though (sometimes from the ship stores).

Trackypup June 3rd, 2011 10:44 AM

Shopping??? did someone say shopping? thought I heard my middle name ;) I don't buy something in every port but yes, I do like to buy things while on vacation. But it's not usually chintzy souvenir things, I bought a beatiful suede jacket in Honfleur, a leather coat from Rhodes, a handbag from Monaco, my LV bag is from Paris, scarves from Paris, Florence and Venice.

Lakers Fan June 3rd, 2011 12:41 PM

I buy at least one tee shirt at every port and approximately 3 postcards .

Trip June 3rd, 2011 12:43 PM

My Massachusetts license plate is shop*r...I do try to live up to it, but my Tiara is slipping:)

mackshane July 16th, 2012 10:34 AM

I bought a beatiful suede jacket in Honfleur, a leather coat from Rhodes, a handbag from Monaco, my LV bag is from Paris, scarves from Paris, Florence and Venice.

BigMac July 16th, 2012 11:16 AM

I buy t-shirts and trinkets for the people back home taking care of my life in my absence.

I like to buy myself watches... Mickey Mouse or mechanical automatics are my favorites.
When I'm on a cruise I shop for another cruise... every time :mrgreen:

Fieldmouse July 16th, 2012 11:41 PM

Not as fancy as some of these post...but we to buy something from a NEW port of call. Generally we don't buy at the piers anymore...It's always the same things...trinkets or??? nothing special. We did find some absolutely lovely things in Hong Kong though...the fashions/fads there are months ahead of what's here in the States.

Trip July 17th, 2012 12:00 AM

I would need a paper bag if I shopped in Hong Kong..I would be hyperventilating with all the beads there! <sigh>

mackshane August 25th, 2012 03:32 AM

I bought a beatiful suede jacket in Honfleur, a leather coat from Rhodes, a handbag from Monaco, my LV bag is from Paris, scarves from Paris, Florence and Venice.

Kim Martin September 22nd, 2012 10:02 AM

I want to buy One T.shirts and one shoulder bag......

Alan8100 October 25th, 2012 02:19 PM

I do like to buy things while on vacation.I bought 2 T-shirt(In white and orange color),3 hand bags and watches...

TaylorT November 6th, 2012 09:18 AM

I try & buy something to remember every port I visit, but stick to smaller items.

lorsin November 7th, 2012 07:56 PM

Lorsin

I will have to buy for the grandkids, but, this will be my cruise, so I plan to buy for me, not junk for friends, handbags and watches sound good, as do jackets, maybe matching shoes! lovely!

George Archer February 12th, 2013 03:02 AM

I purchase only that things which I really need from online stores. I do my shopping from online stores and get great discounts with good stuff. I believe in quality of the product and I get such quality at low price from online shopping stores.

Manuel February 12th, 2013 03:48 AM

I have so many T shirts and souveniers from many places, therefore I don't buy much when we stop at ports.

TM

Lakers Fan February 12th, 2013 11:09 AM

I have 32 tee shirts and I will buy a lot more this year on cruises .

Alan brad August 29th, 2013 09:05 AM

Do you know that the website you're shopping in is safe??

Cloyd August 29th, 2013 11:14 AM

I like watches .I must have about 70 .I buy watches at every port we go to.

markadam766 February 15th, 2014 06:52 AM

No...I'm not a enthusiast of memorabilia kind products, so to buy for the benefit of purchasing something I don't do. In the Carribbean, I might buy a bauble or fragrance, In France, I purchased a purse.