Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Seeking Single gent 65yrs + for 100 nite cruise Princess

I have an elderly gentleman who would like to cruise on Sea Princess Sydney - Auckland Sector 100 nights departing 20 May 2013. He would like to find a male cruise companion.
If anyone can help, please email me.
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie01 View Post
I have an elderly gentleman who would like to cruise on Sea Princess Sydney - Auckland Sector 100 nights departing 20 May 2013. He would like to find a male cruise companion.
hello,

i've seen the cruise--interesting itinerary, coming/going out of australia but only one other stop 'down-under' (day 3/brisbane). what kind of cabin/stateroom is your friend looking to share?

neither my dog nor i have ever been on a civilian cruise, but planning the first, an 11 day/holiday-season cruise this year. i hope to like it a lot, and [if so] do much more of it.

i'm stationed in southern california. you?
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

SoCalGringo
neither my dog nor i have ever been on a civilian cruise.........

cunard's qe2 is the only cruise ship that allows a limited number of dogs and there is almost always a wait list for openings. if you have a true service dog it is allowed on the lines but the vaccinations and paperwork is another hurdle. because of all the ports visited it is usually very expensive to get a service dog ready to cruise. the cruise lines usually do not qualify comfort dogs and pets for therapy like occ and add.
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincpenny View Post
SoCalGringo
neither my dog nor i have ever been on a civilian cruise.........

cunard's qe2 is the only cruise ship that allows a limited number of dogs and there is almost always a wait list for openings. if you have a true service dog it is allowed on the lines but the vaccinations and paperwork is another hurdle. because of all the ports visited it is usually very expensive to get a service dog ready to cruise. the cruise lines usually do not qualify comfort dogs and pets for therapy like occ and add.
hi penny, thanks for your reply.

i'm pretty sure both cunard's qm2 & newest queen elizabeth take 'pets' but my dog [rex] is not a pet. i've done some recon on s-dogs rules/regs on cruise-ships in general. with very few exceptions, rex can go where i go (planes, trains, restaurants, grocery, hospital) i.e., he's okay for ships. in addition to the stuff i already knew about s-dogs, i've learned a lot from reading posts about dogs on ships, accessibility, etc.

however, you're right about foreign ports (even hawaii). at least from what i've read, there are lot's of different requirements, aka: hurdles (as you put it) to clear for specific countries--including port/date specific documentation in some cases. by planning ahead, it's possible to cover the requirements. the question is: is it worth it to me?

cost/benefit analysis [should be] easy ... if i want to go ashore [badly enough] in a port, i'll meet the requirements to do so--if not, i'll stay on the ship. in my mind (at least) there's a big difference between my being forbidden access to a place--and my making a conscious choice to forgo getting the appropriate access.

in a port with impractical s-dog requirements, it would be a matter of conditions on the ground:
if i felt comfortable going ashore solo (w/out rex) and was comfortable with where he would be while we're apart, i may give it a go. if not, no harm no foul.

either way, worst case scenario: i'd be 'stranded' on a floating resort that's adequately staffed & provisioned ... with added peace/quiet, generally no waiting, lines or shortage of deck chairs--and possibly some good [port-day] deals/values on stuff like rubdowns etc, experiences/services i ordinarily might not try. maybe even some off-leash fun/games for rex--again, based on conditions on the ground. i think even the most cynical person would be hard-pressed to complain about being 'stuck' in such an environment.

my larger challenge [as i see it] will be finding the right person to bunk with (thereby vastly reduce costs). i think what most people don't realize, is that s-dogs (via their nature and training) are non-intrusive--still, i realize that bunking with a stranger (and his 'non-intrusive' dog) could be a relevant issue in tight quarters--which is why i asked ellie (the ad's poster) what stateroom category (sq ft, etc) her friend is looking at.

also, if ellie's friend needs occasional assistance i could lend--the arrangement could work out. like with any 'sharing' agreement--upfront/honest communication (re: smoke/drink/snoring/expectation) is important, as is establishing ground rules (guests, etc). the other stuff, like how much time (if any) the 'sharers' spend together outside their quarters, would be dependent on mutual enjoyment/benefit, etc. anyhow--i wrote more than i intended to.

if i find a person to share with--excellent. if not, i'll go solo ... albeit, probably less often. but, if 'taking fewer cruises each year' is my biggest problem, then i've got a pretty good life, right! ;-) thanks for your input!

s/f

vr/chandler.

over...
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Familiar Face

I'd like to know more about the itinerary. What are the port of calls, type of room?

Me - male, 57 years young, retired, single.

Howard
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to davidzik
Default Long cruise out of Sydney

Quote:
G'day,

I live in Woonona NSW and any long cruise out of Sydney is of immediate interest.

In response to your interest I would be keen to discuss sharing for at least the first leg of 66 days to New York.

I'm a retired professional with lots of cruising experience and have previously shared on a very successful basis.

For more details please contact me at: davidzik@gmail.com

Regards,

Tony

PS I am presently in China and return home early February.
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to davidzik

Season Greetings to All.

Is this link current? I have replied as I'm keen to do the cruise but have been met with silence.

Regards,

Tony at davidzik@gmail.com 1 Jan 2013
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Familiar Face

It's not real current, posted in October of 12. I don't get notified when I have responses to my posts, so if you would like a reply, hit the name of the poster and send them a private message (PM) that way they will get your message for sure!
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Familiar Face

Would be interested. Need more info on the itinery.

Bob
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Have you found a traveler for this cruise? I am 72 yo and would enjoy this type of cruising. Can you tell me more about this cruise. If this time does not work out, keep me in mind for future cruises - longer ones.

Bob rl4309@powerc.net