Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Familiar Face

Default Transatlantic 2013

Looking for a female to share cabin on Transatlantic Oct/Nov 2013
Dont mind which one as long as it finishes in Fort Lauderdale
I am 59 (will be 60 by then)
Very sociable.
Either spend time together or not....
Regards
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Hello Carol

Would you consider a Tall ship cruise? From Spain to Barbados in the Caribbean, then flying into Miami? It's scheduled for the solar eclipse from Oct 18 - Nov 10, 2013 on the Star Flyer.
Here is website info: http://www.betchartexpeditions.com/europe_atlantic2013.htm. This is not your typical cruise - you may feel the sea.
I am middle-aged woman, non-smoker, looking to share a cabin. Let me know if you are interested...
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM
First Mate

YES, Carol!

Specifically, I want to do the "Three Continents" cruise on Celebrity Constellation, leaving Civitavecchia on Nov. 24 and finishing 15 days later in Fort Lauderdale.

I'm 72 but very active, and have done 3 or 4 other cruises with someone from Cruisemates, but it's difficult to find someone else who likes transatlantics as much as I do. It's even harder when I have a particular cruise in mind.

I'm leaving next month to go TO Italy on a Celebrity ship. They frequently offer very good prices for booking another trip while aboard, so I might be able to get us a good deal. I'll be happy with whatever level of cabin you'd prefer, from inside through Concierge.

Let me know if this interests you.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:43 AM
First Mate

I didn't realize until after posting my reply, that the original was a relatively old post.

Anyone else who might be interested?
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi "Sister",
If you don't hear back from "Cruising Carol", maybe we can discuss some options. I want to do a transatlantic cruise, was hoping for a Tall Ship, but will consider others.
Regards, Gnger
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:18 PM
First Mate

Gladly. I'm hoping to find someone compatible for the fall trip; and if it's before I go on the April one, it improves the chance of getting a good deal. Chances are that I'll go even if I don't find a cabin mate, but when I go solo I go in an inside cabin. I'd much rather pay half of a balcony unit than all of an inside.
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

So are you saying that while on your April cruise, you can book a fall cruise at a discounted rate? If so, I am assuming you will book on a Celebrity ship, correct? What time frame and itinerary are you considering for fall? I have a family reunion from Oct 3 - Oct. 9, so will need at least a day or two on either side of that. I would prefer to leave USA from South Florida, as I have a limited budget. Are you dead set on the "Three Continents" cruise on Celebrity Constellation, in November?
I still want to take a Tall Ship cruise - I may have to do that in 2014. Have you checked this out? - - Transatlantic Sailings.
Regards, Ginger
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM
First Mate

I'm not "dead set" on the 3 continents cruises, but I have booked a return flight to Rome at the appropriate time for it. It's often less expensive to book round-trip air than it is to book one-way. Also, I've never been to Casablanca.

Although I've never done a "tall ship" cruise, I do have considerable sailing experience. While enjoyable in itself, it's a vastly different experience from a modern cruise ship, and not at all what I go transatlantic for.
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

OK - I appreciate your info and situation. I am now looking at the Tall ships, Sea Cloud and Sea Could II for cruising Costa Rica/Central America/Panama.
Here is the website: www.seacloud.com -*Cruising regions.
The reason I have changed gears is: I really hate the thought of flying one way across the Atlantic - it's such a long flight. I cannot sit that long - my ankles swell up. I would need to lay down or prop up my legs and I cannot afford 1st class flying. Since you fly across the Atlantic, can you give any info to help me deal with this? How long is the flight? If you want, you can reply to my email: gingerale3@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Ginger
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM
First Mate

hi Gingerale and SisterSolo,

I have looked longingly at the brochures from Star Clipper cruises in the past but have never found anyone seriously considering sharing a cabin for these ships. So if you two don't work out a cabin share together, I am interested in the Oct cruise Ginger mentioned or anything else similar next fall or winter.

I would prefer trying a Caribbean or Central America / Panama Canal cruise on one of the 3 Star Clipper ships, but might reconsider Med or trans Atlantic for a great price.

All this would be subject to the two of us getting aquainted before sailing to know there would be no tension in sharing the small space. I've cruised once with a woman where we had only talked on the phone and we got along so well that we cruised again the next two years. For my other cruises, I've gone with a different fellow every time and only once did we wish we had picked a better mate.

Hope you two can work out a great trip ! I'm headed for my next adventure on a river cruise next month with a fellow from Houston, TX (we will meet in Rostov the day of departure).

Rostov-on-Don - Moscow (ext. to St Petersburg). Date: 24 Apr 2013 - 14 May 2013

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Dear Edwin, you may want to contact me at my email address: gingerale3@yahoo.com. I have some information for you that you may want to investigate regarding Tall ship cruises.
Regards, Ginger
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

are u looking for a female? i think u can date some girls on dating site. Hi, allow me to invite you to a nice community:
_ Uniformedmate. com _ (civilian looking to meet someone in
the military).It is the worlds largest military and armed forces
community and this site online with over 4 million members.
Come in and stay a while. Complete your profile. Post a
message, a picture of yourself and check out the photo
galleries. You will find someone you like here
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am replying again to your post.

I am booked on Celebrity Silhouette a week later than your Rome cruise. Both leave from Rome and end up in Ft. Lauderdale.

Have SV (AFT balcony cabin). $2930 all in for TWO. So split that in half. Less than $100 per day for the cruise. I thought it was a very good deal for the type of cabin I booked.

64yo female, recently widowed. Own my own business (international logistics). I have traveled the world but do so love transatlantics (particularly Westbound because of the longer days). Gives a chance to REALLY unwind.

Are you up for changing your cruise by a week?

Gina