Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Seabourn
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

QUOTE FROM PAUL : "But forums are NOT summit conferences and they certainly are not a trial where someone is being judged! ("Your honor, here is my evidence...")

People who do THAT stuff have no business in message boards. They're frankly dangerous to the other people who visit it."

I do agree that you cannot "believe everything you read on the internet" Paul, and I did say earlier that I wouldnt believe HALF what I read on CC. I have been on the internet since the first day it arrived in Oz and think I have become pretty good at "reading between the lines" and sizing up people. I have rarely got it wrong....so far!
There is one forum I belong too, based in Miami....a very small forum, of which I have been a member for close to 15 years. I "believe" I "know" these people well enough that I trust 99% of them........I think this is very rare for any forum.

HOWEVER....I dont agree with your above Quote. Most people, especially new people, go to Forums because they want an answer to a question. Getting answers from people who dont have a clue, or are making up stories etc is not helpful at all. Before I sailed with Seabourn, (my first EVER cruise) I had lots of questions as you can imagine.....I had never been on a boat before!! I knew NOTHING, apart from what I could read. There were a couple of people on the Seabourn CC site who were helpful, but the majority made me feel like I would be invading their privavte little club and I should go elsewhere! However I am known to be stubborn, so booked anyway. By what I had "read" I was convinced that we would not "fit in" with the type of people who sail Seabourn.

I am pleased that someone DID do a bit of research into the subject of "that thread" as it puts another side to the story and I certainly dont agree that those sort of people are dangerous and shouldnt be on a message board. To me he has just tried to point out some truths. The same person absolutley BASHING Seabourn, has had similar problems, 3 years in a row with 3 different cruiselines.........makes you go hmmmmmmm??? The majority of people taking part in that thread, have been like sheep and bashed Seabourn as well...without having a clue what they are talking about. The bottom line is NONE of us know the truth......

Seabourn Pride...Dover to Singapore...88 Days....Sept 17 2011