CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Anticappointment (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/393336-anticappointment.html)

banshee72 November 29th, 2012 12:18 PM

Anticappointment

Anybody ever look for ward to a cruise so much and for so long that by the time the cruise actually rolls around you have aniticipated it for so long that it cant possibly live up to the expectations? We are leaving for our second cruise in MArch. Our first one was six years ago abourd the Enchantment and we enjoyed it so much that I'm afraid that our next cruise can't possibly live up to it

Mike M November 29th, 2012 01:29 PM

It is possible to set your expectations too high and set yourself up to disappointment. You have cruised before so you know that the cabins aren't "spacious" but extremely functional.

Go with the expectation of having fun and roll with any small problems. If any bigger issues happen then deal with them right away, before they become big problems that will leave you with bad memories.

I know a couple, who used to post here, who booked their first cruise on Celebrity Cruises, in an outside cabin. They were upgraded to a suite and it was a wonderful cruise. They booked their second cruise, in an outside cabin, and did not receive an upgrade. No daily canapes, butler service, special cocktail party or dinner with the Captain. They hated it and, as far as I know, haven't cruised again.

That is an example of setting your expectations too high.

Go: Enjoy and have a wonderful cruise.
Mike

Dave Beers November 29th, 2012 03:04 PM

I think those who overplan their cruise can set themselves up for a fall. I'm talking about those who dwell on every little detail to the point of obsession who seem to want to choreograph every moment of the cruise. Planning is important and can be fun, but some just get carried away with it. Then as Mike says, some problem pops up and the overplanners let it roll over them like tsunami.

Donna November 29th, 2012 03:12 PM

Your next one could be a totally different expierence, may-be even better....I get your anticipation will pick up once you get into the new year and closer to March.

What ship will you be cruising on?

banshee72 November 29th, 2012 06:34 PM

will be sailing on the Independence of the Sea

seadog2 November 30th, 2012 02:36 PM

Don't rain on your own parade. I look at it like this, I'm not at work and for the week or so I don't have to worry about all the mundane things that crop up in everyday life. I can relax enjoy my spouse and just cruise. I believe you will be fine. Just go expecting to have a great time and like Donna said, your anticipation will grow once you get closer to your sail date. Enjoy.

beachbum13 December 1st, 2012 04:02 PM

We have friends who went on Disney for their first two cruises. Their kids were young and they had a blast. Now they compare everything to Disney and nit pick. Silly little things annouy them.

We have been on three cruises and when something does not as expected or meets my expectations we just move on. Not going to let something stupid ruin our vacation. I find that every ship we've been on has plenty to offer if something is not as expected. Move on.

On our last cruise I was worried that we may have set our expectations too high because we were sailing on the Oasis. She delivered and we had a blast! Even dealing with Sandy for the last two days we had a good time. You'll be fine!!!