Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default First time in Bermuda....

Hi All,

I have a question about an excursion in Bermuda. We are booked on the Explorer of the Seas leaving June 30. I have purchased an excursion thru the ship to go to the aquarium, museum and Crystal Cave. It's a 4 hr tour from 10 - 2. The ship leaves at 4 on the same day. Ok, here's my question. The tour bus takes us from Crystal Cave to Hamilton but we are on our own to get back to the ship from Hamilton. From reading different websites, I'm guessing the fastest way back to the ship is via the direct ferry. Should I buy the ferry token when we get to Hamilton, will the line to purchase it be long, can I buy them the first day we are there instead so we are prepared......I hope my question is clear....I'm in panic-mode!...I'm afraid we won't make it back to the ship on time....is the pier long? Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Where are you docking ?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cals granny View Post
Hi All,

I have a question about an excursion in Bermuda. We are booked on the Explorer of the Seas leaving June 30. I have purchased an excursion thru the ship to go to the aquarium, museum and Crystal Cave. It's a 4 hr tour from 10 - 2. The ship leaves at 4 on the same day. Ok, here's my question. The tour bus takes us from Crystal Cave to Hamilton but we are on our own to get back to the ship from Hamilton. From reading different websites, I'm guessing the fastest way back to the ship is via the direct ferry. Should I buy the ferry token when we get to Hamilton, will the line to purchase it be long, can I buy them the first day we are there instead so we are prepared......I hope my question is clear....I'm in panic-mode!...I'm afraid we won't make it back to the ship on time....is the pier long? Thanks!!!
The Explorer OTS will dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard at Kings Wharf. Just off the dock is a booth where you can buy ferry passes or tokens. Make sure you buy all you needed passes or tokens there as they do not accept cash on the ferrys.

Probably the fastest way back to Kings Wharf is a taxi from Hamilton, but more expensive then the ferry. Make sure to check the ferry schedule and the ferry times from Hamilton to the Royal Naval Dockyard to be sure you can make it on time. Just google "Bermuda Sea Express" for their website and you can download a ferry map and the schedule.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Although I've been to Bermuda twice I've only been on ships that docked in Hamilton and therefore cannot assist you .
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks Scott!! I forgot to put in my post that we are docking at Kings Wharf. Thanks a million for telling me about the ferry schedule. Is it a long walk after getting off the ferry to get back on the ship? I'm thinking of Nassau where the pier seems to go on forever - is it like that?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Here is an image of the Royal Naval Dockyard for you. You can see that the pier can take 2 ships, so depending on which end of the pier your ship docks, you have about a 10 minute walk to the ferry stop on the other side of the marina. You can also see there is a walkway between the 2 ships to get there.

Also, the Visitor Information Center near each ship is where you can get ferry tokens. Also, Snorkel Park Beach is really nice to visit, as well as the National Bermuda Museum and the Commissioners house. And last, just up the street from the ferry stop is a pastry shop with OUTSTANDING euclairs!

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Default I have a question

How far is the snorkel beach from the shopping area in Kings Wharf ?

Is there a walking path ?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
First Mate

Hi,
If you booked an excursion with the ship, don't worry they will get you back in tiome or the ship will wait for you.
Have a nice cruise.

MTL
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
How far is the snorkel beach from the shopping area in Kings Wharf ?

Is there a walking path ?
About 2 minutes walk, there is a walking path that is well marked to get to the Snorkel Beach.

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13