Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question Serenade of the Seas

We are trying to decide on the 12 night Mediterrean & Greek Isle vacation on the Serenade of the Seas in October 2012. There have been some negative comments regarding the ship, food, etc that have me concerned. Please let me know what your experiences on this ship.
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bubbie View Post
We are trying to decide on the 12 night Mediterranean & Greek Isle vacation on the Serenade of the Seas in October 2012. There have been some negative comments regarding the ship, food, etc that have me concerned. Please let me know what your experiences on this ship.
I personally feel that this class of ship are the most beautiful ships at sea. There is an abundance of glass and you always have the feeling that you are on a ship and not at a mega-mall or hotel.

There have been a number of upgrades done to Serenade and there are a variety of dining choices.

I have to admit I haven't been overly impressed with the food on RCL in my last four cruises with them but it isn't enough to stop me from booking a RCL cruise, especially on Serenade, Brilliance or Radiance of the Seas.

I think that overall you will enjoy it especially with a wonderful, port intensive itinerary that you will have.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Captain

As a "Pinnacle" prospect (by the end of the year), I cruise with RCI a few times a year and have stayed on them about the lack of consistency in the MDR. Using the narrative portion of your survey is a good tool and that way you can be honest if you have great service but "so-so" on the prepared food.
SO was very pleasantly surprised on the Mariner last month when both the quality and quantity of the prepared food showed a noticable improvement. Since I am also a travel agent, I found a little bird who told me they had indeed "cracked the whip" based on the customer satisfaction surveys. Keep up the good work documenting your experiences so hopefully "RCI" gets back closer to where they were in all of the dining rooms.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie H View Post
I found a little bird who told me they had indeed "cracked the whip" based on the customer satisfaction surveys. Keep up the good work documenting your experiences so hopefully "RCI" gets back closer to where they were in all of the dining rooms.
Just don't bring back "Ranch Steak"

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am considering a similar cruise for summer 2013 and would also like to hear more about this ship. I had thought that Royal Caribbean would have better food than Carnival or Norwegian (other lines with similar cruises I was comparing) but the reviews I saw seem to indicate that the food on Royal Caribbean was pretty so-so.