Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default la shuttle services

Can anyone tell me what the 2 shuttle services are that service LAX?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Captain

Default Re: la shuttle services

We used Super Shuttle to take us from LAX to our hotel in Long Beach recently. It was $34 for the two of us (plus tip). We had booked with Prime Time Shuttle, but when we got to the airport, we found out that PTS was not operating! They supposedly had some insurance problems. When we returned from the cruise and used Super Shuttle to go back to LAX, we saw a PTS van, so I guess they were back in business.

For the difference in price (Super Shuttle was $4 more), I would stick with a known entity.

Old February 27th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

can you tell me : did you make a reservation after the cruise to LAX or were they just there trying to pick up fares?
Thanks for the help
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Captain

I had made an online reservation with Prime Time Shuttle before we left home. After arriving at LAX, and finding out that PTS was not operating, the Super Shuttle guy at the curb got us on a shuttle to Long Beach within 10 minutes. When we got to our hotel, I called Super Shuttle to book the trip from Long Beach back to LAX. They asked for my flight time, and then they told me when they would pick us up. I paid with a credit card after arriving at LAX.

Old February 28th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for letting me know about your experience. I am going to call them tomorrow to reserve them for my cruise.
Can you tell me, on the return trip from the ship to LAX, did you have plenty of time or did they rush you to get off the boat? When was your flight and when did they pick you up?
Thanks
Old February 28th, 2005, 08:48 PM
dands

Ther is a Super Shutle rep outside of customs when you get off the ship. You will get off the ship based on your flight time. Be sure to notify the pursers desk when your flight is, so you will get the proper colored tags. The Super Shuttle rep will get you on a van within 20-30 minutes. They are much more dependable than Prime Time. Prime Time vans are all privateley owned, so you can encounter many problems, late pick ups, over crowded vans, etc. Super Shuttle vans are plentiful at disembarkation.
Old March 1st, 2005, 01:48 PM
Captain

Well, our situation was a bit different. We stayed in Long Beach one night before flying home. Our flight was at 10:20 A. M., and Super Shuttle picked us up at 7:30 A. M. He had one other couple to pick up at the Queen Mary, then drove to LAX like the devil himself was in pursuit. I glanced at the speedometer one time - 90 mph - in the rain.

As far as getting off the ship was concerned, it was one of the longest delays in the 16 cruises we have been on. Took us nearly 2 hours to get off, but since we were staying in Long Beach, we didn't care. Some other people were getting hot about possibly missing their flights. The delay was supposedly because of those few folks who don't think they have to go through immigration like the rest of us. They kept calling the same people over and over.

If you notify the Passenger Service Desk like dands suggests, you shouldn't have any problems. Enjoy the cruise.

Old March 1st, 2005, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for the info. 18 days till the cruise. will be staying 2 days before in long beach and am suppose to go to the Price Is Right. Can't wait!