Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Making Dining reservations on Marina

My husband and I are taking The Sands of Time cruise on the Marina on Nov. 2
2011. We are in a category B4 room and must wait 45 days before the cruise leaves to make reservations at the specialty restaurants--Red Ginger, Toscano, Jacqes, and the steak restaurant that I have forgotten the name of.

We are wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions on the best way to get these reservations? Also, is it better to call Oceania or try online?

We are flexible with days and do not care what days we go to each dining room. We would just like the chance to dine in these restaurants.

We did eat in Toscano and the steak restaurant on the Marina on a different cruise and they were wonderful! On the Marina cruise, we sighed up for the restaurants when we came aboard.

Thanks in Advance!
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Captain

You can sign up online if you choose or call Oceania
Online go to the already Booked then dining reservations just click on the restaurant then the time & if you want to share or not ...have your booking number ready
Then just do the rest of the restaurants same way
Toscana (Italian) & Polo (steak house) Red Ginger (Asian) Jacques (French)

You did not try the others on your last cruise??

You can also go to the desk on deck 5 and see if you can get additional nights if you want ...it seems to be easier on Marina to do so ..more places to choose from
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks LuLu for your comments!

We had only the choice of dining at Toscano and Pollo on our previous trip on the Regatta. These were the only specialty restaurants on this ship. I just realized that I said in my original post that we were on the Marina! We are taking our 1st Marina cruise in Nov.

We are now looking forward to Red Ginger and Jaques on this Marina cruise.
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty L. View Post
Thanks LuLu for your comments!

We had only the choice of dining at Toscano and Pollo on our previous trip on the Regatta. These were the only specialty restaurants on this ship. I just realized that I said in my original post that we were on the Marina! We are taking our 1st Marina cruise in Nov.

We are now looking forward to Red Ginger and Jaques on this Marina cruise.
That is why i was confused that you did not try the others
Be sure to try the grill section in the Terrace & Barrristas of course if you drink coffee
Enjoy the cruise
Did you get one of the cabins with the larger balcony?
L
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Dining reservations on the Marina

Thanks for the advice Lu-Lu.

We did get a larger balcony at a VERY reasonable rate. We were booked originally in an inside room, not by choice. The travel agent waited too long to call. We originally wanted an outside room. When the final payment was due, I asked if any outside room became available. He then found this larger balcony room which was an upgrade from the inside room we had at this point.

I wondered if they lost many people because of Cairo being cancelled?
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Captain

Could be
Many people book for the ports
Others book up to 18 mths in advance & of course life changes in that time frame

Glad you got a nice balcony ...you will enjoy it

Have a great trip
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default Paging LuLu - Your trip on the Marina

Hi LuLu,

I am booked on the Marina for the March sailing to the Caribbean. Like you I have been on the Regatta (which was lovely!) and am now looking forward to this sailing.

Which resturant did you enjoy the most? Also, did you take any courses at the Culinary Center? I have been looking for menu's for each of the speciality resturants & even checked the Oceania Website under already booked to see the menu's but they aren't there.

What did you enjoy most about the ship? BTW, we are booked into a B4 balcony as well, so let us know how the service and the room were.

Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by paljoeysmom View Post
Hi LuLu,

I am booked on the Marina for the March sailing to the Caribbean. Like you I have been on the Regatta (which was lovely!) and am now looking forward to this sailing.

Which resturant did you enjoy the most? Also, did you take any courses at the Culinary Center? I have been looking for menu's for each of the speciality resturants & even checked the Oceania Website under already booked to see the menu's but they aren't there.

What did you enjoy most about the ship? BTW, we are booked into a B4 balcony as well, so let us know how the service and the room were.

Thanks
The ship is lovely ..large (IMO) compared to the R-ships but still very spacious
Did not care for the library ...R-ships much better

We only went to Red Ginger ..it was OK but then food is subjective
The NEW Terrace Cafe is very nice with the grill to order station
Tables were a little closer together than on the R-ships also in the GDR

We did not take any culinary classes so cannot comment
Loved Barristas
Sample Menus are located @
Oceania Cruises - Explore Ships - Marina - Dining - Restaurants
The cabin B4 with larger balcony was a bit larger than the R-ships but we found the storage slightly smaller
Did not care for the tub in bathroom & the shower was no improvement except it has a door instead of the friendly curtain
some photos at
Travel the world through Webshots photos!

We had met several of the past crew members so it was fun to see them again

There was a GI bug going around the ship on our cruise so we did not do many things ..tried to stick to ourselves
I was disappointed that Oceania did not post a notice that the bug was on the previous cruise & by mid cruise they closed off the handling of any utensils in the buffet (not that there is many anyway as the crew do the serving)
The cruise following our I heard were notified & had hand sanitizers left in the cabins
No special Afternoon tea that they usually have on longer sailings I suspect because of the bug

All in all it was a good cruise, service was good since we were on the 3 rd cruise there were some very new crew members still finding their way

entertainment ..well We found most of it not as good as the R-ships but that is subjective ..others enjoyed the productions shows

Hope that helps
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Familiar Face

thanks for the details it will help me a lot on cruise.
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Familiar Face

Default Hey LuLu

Hi there LuLu,

Many thanks for all the info on the Marina, and the link to the resturant menu's. Awesome job.

I really appreciate your help.
Old January 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Captain

Enjoy the cruise