Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Nautica 06/08/06

We have booked this Rome to Istanbul cruise. Is anyone else contemplating taking this trip? We had to cancel the previous chance we had to sail on Oceania, so we are looking forward to this with double the enthusiasm.

Joan
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Beginner

Hi Joan, We are also going on the 06/08/06 Nautica. I have talked with 3 others on other message boards who are also going. How many in your party? My husband & I, along with our 5 kids (ages 26, 24, 21, 16, & 14 (turns 15 in Athens!!!) are going. There are 2 other couples and a family of 4 from Lexington I've talked with. I think the itinerary sounds wonderful! Look forward to meeting you!
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Lucky you! You're taking my favorite cruise line! These ships are perfect for me -- perfect size, casual dress, four restaurants, homey atmosphere. And, no other cruise line (that I recall) schedules overnight stays in port.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Beginner

We are going to be on the 6/8/06 cruise as well. We just booked it this week-end (4/2/06) and are really excited. We are planning on being in Rome for a couple of days in advance.

Barry & Chris
Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:52 PM
Beginner

We too will be on the June 8 Nautica sailing, our second Oceania European cruise. There are four in our party, and a couple we met on our first Oceania cruise (Baltic, 2004) will also be joining us.

We're interested in lining up excursions independently (Kusadasi, Livorno, etc.) and would like to be in touch with others who are doing likewise. Our experience doing this via the net for St. Petersburg on our 2004 cruise was so successful that we're emboldened to do so again. Our preference is to line up a small van, say for a party of ten or so. Price point is usually good, size manageable and ability to explore better than with the large bus tours provided by the cruiseline.

We'll also be in Rome the four nights prior to embarkation and would like to learn of other folks' tour plans there as well. It's my husband's and my first trip there, though my mother and daughter (who are joining us) have visited there previously.

We look forward to connecting with other cruisers on this sailing....
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Hi Fellow CruiseMates,
A group of us on another board are talking about getting together onboard to meet : cocktails?
Let me know if you're interested: alewis6088@aol.com
It would be fun to meet the people we've been corresponding with!
We're just a little over 9 wks out!
8) Isabella
Old April 4th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Beginner

In response to ELHOSO, Barry and I would be interested in the possibility of hiring a van at some of the ports and having a smaller tour group. I always feel so rushed on the big bus tours. When you did this before, how did you decide what you were going to see, etc.?

Barry & Chris

You can email us at bg.steele@comcast.net