Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Familiar Face

Default Epic Formal night and lobster

We were on the Epic 18 months ago and were not aware of a 'formal' night nor a lobster night? I thought due to the freestyle cruising that you ate from the menu and there were no special nights ? Where did I go wrong? We are cruising the Epic again in December.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Familiar Face

When I was on the Epic Last year they had 2 nights which they call dress up or not night. There is no formal night.They take portrait pictures on those nights in the atrium area. Lobster is served in the MDR Manhattan or Taste on 1 night and can be served as a whole lobster or surf and turf w/ tail. The night varies so you need to check the menus every day or ask at the hostess stand when you sail.

Kev
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We were on the Epic in September and the Lobster was served with red snapper for dinner on the first day we boarded. It was listed as a dinner option or 'Chef's Special' on the menu. We enjoyed this delicious meal in the Taste. The 'optional' formal night is announced in the daily newsletter left on your bed every evening, as I recall, it was mid-week. I know we were not part of the 50% who participated - it fell on an evening following a busy day of touring Rome. We freshened up, had dinner in the Taste and called it night - we had a private tour scheduled for the next morning @ 7:30a. I believe most take their family photos on this occasion.
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Welcome Newcomer

There are usually 2 dress up or not on a 7 day cruise, info will be in daily.

As for lobster, in the MDR, embarkation evening.