Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL Dream..Boston to Bermuda

Hi...This is my 4th crusie with NCL. I have sailed some of the bigger ships: Star, Pearl etc. and this time I decided on a qucik get away...no flight, no hotel. Driving to Boston, boarding the ship for hopefully a week of fun and sun.

Any tips on the Dream or Bermuda? I want to see the caves, horsehoe Bay and have a beach day.

Any tips would be great!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Beginner

Hi Shandy,

I can't give you tips on the Dream, but I can tell you that you'll LOVE Bermuda (sailed on the Majesty: Boston to Bermuda last year).

My number one tip: do the Turtle Bay Catamaran excursion. It's amazing.
You motor out to the bay and sail back. The sail is beautiful. You'll see the sea turtle refuge (it's a private beach) where when you get there, you can snorkel, kayak, or just float off the boat and they'll serve you drinks right off the side of the boat (that's what we did last year and will be doing this year too). We're going on he Aug 10th Dream Boston to Bermuda this year. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Hope that helps a little!
Old July 28th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you very much! I would love to hear from you after your trip in August!
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Beginner

I'll keep you posted!
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: NCL Dream..Boston to Bermuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy5165
Hi...This is my 4th crusie with NCL. I have sailed some of the bigger ships: Star, Pearl etc. and this time I decided on a qucik get away...no flight, no hotel. Driving to Boston, boarding the ship for hopefully a week of fun and sun.

Any tips on the Dream or Bermuda? I want to see the caves, horsehoe Bay and have a beach day.

Any tips would be great!
you are going to find the Dream totally different than other NCL ships. She isn't designed for freestyle, she is older and smaller plus about to leave the fleet. That being said I have had clients cruise her in the past few months. Some 2.0 policies were put into place, the cabins are larger than on the newer NCL ships and apparently the crew is friendly and as helpful as on any NCL ship. Food get very mixed reviews, from really bad to pretty good. This is one sailing you may want to consentrate on the wonders of Bermuda, the chance to get away and the fun of being one of the last to sail on this ship before it leaves the fleet. I have done this on 3 different ships. All have held a certain amount of wonder, just knowing not many will experience what I am again. I will also admit 2 of the 3 the service suffered a little as the crew often doesn't know where they will be next. The best way to get good service is to let the crew know you care about them: the best way to do this: talk to them, ask them about the families back home, the future plans, how long they have been with NCL and what ships they like? Believe me, they love to talk about themselves....who doesn't???

Nita
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the tips!!
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Yeoman

Default Bermuda

Horseshoe bay is gorgeous! Save your money and buy a bus ticket as soon as you can. It's way cheaper than paying for individual excursions. We took the bus to Horseshoe bay at a different time than the boats excursion and it was nearly desserted. We also took the bus to The Royal Naval Dockyard and Hamilton and Gibb's Hill Lighthouse. For food a little better than onboard try the the Whitehorse in St. George right next to the pier. You'll love Bermuda. 8)
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:30 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: NCL Dream..Boston to Bermuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy5165

Any tips would be great!
We just came back from the Dream on Sunday. Catch my review in the REVIEWS section - it's the Cruisemates Review of the Week. We had a great time. Yes, the ship is older but still has a lot to offer. It was so easy to drive to Boston with no planes and transfers to worry about. I'm even thinking of doing this cruise again next summer when the Spirit comes to Boston!

2010 ~ Emerald Princess

2008 ~ Norwegian Dream
2005 ~ Caribbean Princess
2003 ~ Carnival Imagination
2002 ~ Grand Princess