Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Beginner

Default Just got NCL AIR FLIGHT INFO, now HOW TO HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT?

I got my flight times for our upcoming NCL WIND cruise in NOV.
We are on the east coast and have a 10 hour flight from ATL to HNL. (Thought we might get lucky and have a connection on the West coast to break the time in the air up but no such luck... Longest I've flown is 4-5 hrs. )

ANYONE who has made the trip to Hawaii, how do you make it through??? Did you use NCL AIR, if yes any problems?

Day dreaming about my cruise may get me through some of it but the cramped space and close proximity to other restless ppl is intimidating.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT?????
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well as you can see we live in Buffalo and we took a long flight to Hawaii last November. We did get a break since we had a quick layover in Chicago. The flight from there was about 9 hours as I remember.

I was another one who said that I would never go that far just because of the long flight. As it turned out, it wasn't all that bad.

Take a good book and plenty of food to eat unless you know that they will be feeding you on the plane.

Friends of ours suggest taking Nyquil and shots of Tequila but that is not for everyone!

BE prepared for the flight back. We did not leave Hawaii until 11PM and it was a long day waiting for the flight. We did a lot of sight-seeing and still got to the airport about 5PM.

The good part was that we did sleep a lot on the return since it was mostly overnight.