Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Default Hotels in La Porte, TX

I posted this under Hotels last week, but haven't gotten any responses, so thought I'd try here. Re: LaQuinta in La Porte, TX

"Looks like our sailing MIGHT (is, now) be moved to Houston. I'd like to know if this hotel is in a decent area, clean, if they offer parking during the cruise, and if they have a shuttle to and from the port.

I checked their website and couldn't find any info. on the parking or shuttle.

Thanks for your help,"

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM
pata

Default Re: Hotels in La Porte, TX

Hi Fern,
Yes, the LaQuinta in LaPorte is clean or it was when we were there two years ago. I have also read that they offer free parking during the cruise, but we did not use it. There is a Kettle (I think) or something similar right by the LaQuinta. There are only a few hotels in La Porte. I cannot find my link to the Port of Houston but just google Port of Houston and you will get some great ino about the surrounding area. The Houston Port is rather small and located in an industrial area. Houston will be building a newer larger port in the future, or so I have read. We stayed in Baytown last year and will again this year...just because I have hotel points to use...nothing wrong with LaPorte. The parking at the terminal is adjacent and very convienent, so we have always parked there. For more information you might search the boards under the Norwegian Sea (used to leave from there) or the Dream, which is still there. Hope this helps.
Old September 10th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Hi pata,

Thanks for the info. We're not going to be there long enough to do anything but eat dinner, sleep, and eat breakfast, so the area is not of much importance, as long as it's safe.

In case we change our minds, do you remember how much the parking at the terminal costs?

I'll check out your other suggestions about the Sea & the Dream.

Thanks,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Pata

Last year it was $84 for the week, I think. It has been awhile since I have really been back into checking anything about cruises. I have read reviews about LaQuinta and they have all been good. I think you would be fine there. Just give them a call and ask them if the rate includes parking for the week. I know I have read that somewhere. We just did not think about it when we were there and parked at the terminal. Am not sure how it will all work now that the Dream and the Sun are leaving from there. Logic tells me that if the Dream leaves on Saturday and the Sun on Sunday....there could be a problem with parking at the terminal this year. I have booked at the Hampton Inn in Baytown this year but may have to rethink all that considering the changes. Keep me posted about what you decide.

Here is the link to the Port of Houston

http://www.portofhouston.com/
Old September 10th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Happy Camper

We just booked the Sun but for Dec 3. In La Porte - try the Kehma Boardwalk - they have a nice (kind of expensive) hotel there that might have parking. Port of Houton isn't nice - it is industrial so there is not a lot around but Clear Lake is close and so is Kehma. Maybe 15-20 min for Kehma. Just think - Galveston will be so crowded now I was glad to go out of the port of houston plus it is nice to sail the ship channel before getting to Galveston. It may be spelled Kemah.... Debbie
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Shuttle to and from terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
I posted this under Hotels last week, but haven't gotten any responses, so thought I'd try here. Re: LaQuinta in La Porte, TX

"Looks like our sailing MIGHT (is, now) be moved to Houston. I'd like to know if this hotel is in a decent area, clean, if they offer parking during the cruise, and if they have a shuttle to and from the port.

I checked their website and couldn't find any info. on the parking or shuttle.

Thanks for your help,"
I have a small shuttle service I started last year due to a lack of local cabs/shuttles in our area. Fully insured with a clean reliable Kia Rio 5 will be doing prompt and courteous service to the terminal for a mere $10.00. This fare is good from all hotels located in La Porte. Bush airport is $60 and Hobby is $30.. Feel free to call for advance arrangements or questions at 713-503-7237