CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/)
-   -   Help me to find NYNY hotel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/391567-help-me-find-nyny-hotel.html)

Marsdude August 31st, 2012 10:03 AM

Help me to find NYNY hotel

I have posted a similar thread elsewhere but after some research I really need some help.

We will be cruising out of the Manhattan Terminal and would like to spend some time around that area. We are hoping to visit Birdland and maybe Central Park. Here are my questions.

Are there any good hotels in that area that are under $300???

The distances are not great, can the wife and I walk from CP to where Birdland is located, would that be safe? What about after dark?

Mike M August 31st, 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1444547)
I have posted a similar thread elsewhere but after some research I really need some help.

We will be cruising out of the Manhattan Terminal and would like to spend some time around that area. We are hoping to visit Birdland and maybe Central Park. Here are my questions.

The distances are not great, can the wife and I walk from CP to where Birdland is located, would that be safe? What about after dark?

It depends on your dates, how "nice" of a hotel you want and where you want to be. I would first book a cancellable reservation at a hotel then I would advocate using Priceline and bidding on a four star in Central Park South, Mid-town and/or Times Square districts about a week before your cruise. You should be able to pick up something decent for under $200. If you get a hotel, cancel the one you have booked and enjoy.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan August 31st, 2012 12:38 PM

NYC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1444547)

I have lived in NY all my life . Birdland is 15 blocks from CP .

My suggestion is that you check out NYCGO.com
(212) 484-1200

This is the NYC Dept.of Tourism

Marsdude September 1st, 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1444551)
It depends on your dates, how "nice" of a hotel you want and where you want to be. I would first book a cancellable reservation at a hotel then I would advocate using Priceline and bidding on a four star in Central Park South, Mid-town and/or Times Square districts about a week before your cruise. You should be able to pick up something decent for under $200. If you get a hotel, cancel the one you have booked and enjoy.

Take care,
Mike

That is a really good idea. I think we will try that.

aerospace September 1st, 2012 03:05 PM

With much research the lowest prices I could find in Manhattan was $99/night in the occasional special, instead if I do go I'm considering airbnb. Share someone's apartment for 40-60/night, or rent the whole apartment for 80+. Instead of 1 night for $300, stay 3 or 4 and enjoy the city :)