Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Holland America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Default Stupid Question ??? Need a bright answer!!!

David and I have a confirmed guaranteed outside cabin on the 12-16-12 sailing of the Nieuw Amsterdam. In the past any guaranteed cabins have been assigned to us by about a month prior to the sailing. This time we are just over three and a half weeks out and no cabin assignment.
I know they have up until the day of sailing to so assign, but does anyone have any current experience as to when we might expect to see our cabin assignment on the H.A.L. website?
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

About 14 to 10 days out they finish the cabin assignments. At least that's what I was told when I had a friend booked a HAL guarantee.

Let us know how you like the cruise...I'd love to sail that ship!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Familiar Face

I just booked a HAL Mex cruise the day before (and they assigned the cabin in a few
hours). Did you go on their website to fill out your immigration info, print your boarding
pass, etc.?
Don't miss the Pinacle Grill. To die for!
SusieStone
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Chuck.. I can't help with your cabin assignment question. But I had the pleasure of sailing the Nieuw Amsterdam out of the shipyard in Italy prior to her Inaugaration, and then be present for her naming in Venice, Italy.

Here's a link to my original live blog, and at the end there are links to other pieces I wrote from the ship, as well as lots of photos.

Cruisemates Blog ŧ Live in Venice, Dedication Ceremony of HAL’s Nieuw Amsterdam – Kuki

I loved the ship. She's truly beautiful, with lots of sophisticated touches. You two should have a WONDERFUl cruise!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Familiar Face

I second that on the ship. I traveled in Europe on her and loved it. As far as the cabin, I received my cabin just about 10 days out. So you should be seeing it any day now....enjoy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Thanks for all of your great tips, answers, and insights. It sounds like we should hear something about cabins within a week to ten more days. Itīs nice to hear such nice reports about this ship...we canīt wait to try her out for ourselves.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have been on Eurodam (a sister ship) and they are the best Holland America ships yet. Very comfortable and right-sized for an enjoyable cruise.

Let us know what you end up with...

Old November 29th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Familiar Face

Whatever you do, don't call them to find out (they will assign you the first thing they
find for you as a cabin...not the best available as they advertise). You're better off to wait (or go on their website, put in your Confirmation Number, and see if they've assigned a cabin). You might be surprised when you board!
SusieStone
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Well Today is Friday and our cruise is a week from Sunday and no cabin assignment. I guess the cabin assignment gods are on strike. Maybe we will hear something next week... and then maybe not! They just want to keep us wondering!
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Finally got our cabin assignment Tuesday, five days prior to our 12-16-12 cruise. But we canīt complain. We were upgraded from category HH fully obstructed oceanview guarantee to a category D unobstruced ocean view cabin. Not a terrible upgrade. Yahoo!
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Familiar Face

Way to go.....I know how stressful it must be not to know your cabin assignment but it looks like it worked out for you. Enjoy the ship. She is beautiful.

Read and post cruise reviews