Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Flying To Your Cruise
Register Forgot Password?

Flying To Your Cruise Discuss all AIRLINE-related topics here - advice on flight times, new airline rules, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
First Mate

Thumbs down

OK, I was not going to post this, however..This incident almost made me stop flying forever..

I was leaving for a trip to Cozumel alone for a couple of weeks and it was a hot day so I was wearing a short sleeve, somewhat low cut top..Not whore-ish..Just showed a small amt of cleavage. I had knee length clam digger pants on. Anyhow, apparently, my underwire bra set off the alarm at the walk-through at TSA..Now keep in mind, this is Dallas Fort Worth airport and there are about a thousand people within eyeshot of me..Many people waiting behind me watching. So I'm told to put my arms up to get wanded. Fine, I do that. I set off the wand with my underwires. Then, the very rough looking female TSA agent says she is going to have to feel under my breasts!!! WTF??!! Yeah, in front of all these people..So as she grinned ear to ear and groped my breasts, I stood there pissed off and humiliated. There were a couple of guys walking by leering and smiling. I mean really, if she were really doing her job, did she need to be grinning like a Cheshire cat???

For several hours after this incident, I vowed never to fly again. I was so embarrassed and humiliated by this incident. So now, when I get dressed to go to the airport..NO UNDERWIRES. I also tend to wear a turtleneck. I mean geez.. Has anyone else felt "violated?"

CarnivalTriumph
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:05 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Michelle, how the heck are you old pal...So good to see you again at CM...Tell us what's been going on, where you've cruised to and where you are sailing to! I was thrilled to see your name on this post! xox
Hey Linda,
We have not cruised for a while-been spending our vacations in the Outer Banks in NC. But we booked the NCL Spirit for next June (2013) 12 day Europe cruise... We can not wait. One of the first things I started to do was hop back on this site as I knew I could find whatever info I needed! How are you? I hope all is well!! Thrilled to be back!!:-D
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow Snorkel,
That is absolutely horrible, you would think there would be a more private place to check that??

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
OK, I was not going to post this, however..This incident almost made me stop flying forever..

I was leaving for a trip to Cozumel alone for a couple of weeks and it was a hot day so I was wearing a short sleeve, somewhat low cut top..Not whore-ish..Just showed a small amt of cleavage. I had knee length clam digger pants on. Anyhow, apparently, my underwire bra set off the alarm at the walk-through at TSA..Now keep in mind, this is Dallas Fort Worth airport and there are about a thousand people within eyeshot of me..Many people waiting behind me watching. So I'm told to put my arms up to get wanded. Fine, I do that. I set off the wand with my underwires. Then, the very rough looking female TSA agent says she is going to have to feel under my breasts!!! WTF??!! Yeah, in front of all these people..So as she grinned ear to ear and groped my breasts, I stood there pissed off and humiliated. There were a couple of guys walking by leering and smiling. I mean really, if she were really doing her job, did she need to be grinning like a Cheshire cat???

For several hours after this incident, I vowed never to fly again. I was so embarrassed and humiliated by this incident. So now, when I get dressed to go to the airport..NO UNDERWIRES. I also tend to wear a turtleneck. I mean geez.. Has anyone else felt "violated?"
Sorry - that is obscene; I have a huge plate in my left arm and I never set off anything.

In the UK that would not have beenhave permitted - sorry I would asked for a more private space and then lodged a complaint after I had completed the flight.

If you don't let them know, the situation could continue.

Annie

PS I wear under-wires 80% of the time and I have never set off an alarm - go figure.

Last edited by anniegb; June 3rd, 2012 at 07:49 AM.