Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:14 PM
KJS

Default daughter bringing a friend....

Along with being first timers we are also bringing my daughters friend. Now I know I am not the first or the last person to do this and I have checked with our TA she says all we need is a noterized letter from the friend's parents to take her out of the country. I am ok with that, but it seems to simple, even the other parents asked "that's it??".

With all the new security and rules right now for bringing yourself in and out of the country does anyone have any other "saftey nets" we should apply????

I want to cover ALL my bases so we don't have any problems going or coming!!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts,
KJS
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Luisa

Default Re: daughter bringing a friend....

Sounds correct to me. I took my daughter's friend on a cruise last summer and we had a notorized letter from her parents, her passport and also a note that the parents wrote (doesn't have to be notorized) giving permission to authorize medical treatment if necessary/an emergency. Make sure you write down the child's insurance company and policy # in case needed. Otherwise, have fun!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Admiral

totally agree with Luisa. You need the notarized letter allowing you to take her out of the country and a signed letter from her parents authorizing you to give concent for medical treatment if necessary, have a copy of the insurance card .
Old May 4th, 2005, 12:15 PM
KJS

Thanks a bunch, I must be insane taking 2 13 yearolds with me on my first cruise?? Oh well we will have and fun and she will have company!!!

Thanks for the help I appreciate it!!
KJS
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Admiral

When are you sailing? If its in 2006 everyone will need a passport.