Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Crystal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default First time on Crystal, What can I expect different?

Just found out I'm going to sailing Cystal Symphony in April. I've cruised most of the major brands, as well as a couple of the luxury lines (Regent, Seabourn, and Silversea).

Wondering what I can expect from Crystal? And what's different about Crystal that'll excite me..... like I needed more excitement
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Default About crystal

Hi Mr Kuki,
It is not easy to pick things that are different from other company,but you will see and feel it the moment you put step on the ship.Every crew members are at your service so what can go wrong.
I made a transat cruise from Europe to San Juan and I don't think they change their way of doing for those 13 day cruise.Have a nice cruise,I will wait for your review.
MTL
Old January 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Expect the best food and some of the friendliest stateroom servers ever. I found the wait staff a little stuffy, but that's OK.

The food is amazing - and when you go to a special restaurant be sure to have a good appetite.

I like the movie theater and other activities onboard - they also have great lecture series.

And the beds are to die for...
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Kuki,

Crystal is good at everything, but the biggest difference in my experience is that their production shows are superior. I only have one Regent cruise for comparison (apples to apples), and what I remember was that my favorite Regent show was their crew talent show. The rest of the entertainment is generally very good on Crystal, but on a cruise just last summer, there were some misses for the first time.

The "at sea" days on Crystal are very full, and a lot of people pick Crystal because of that. (But while I enjoyed the at sea days, I would still rather be at a new port every day.)

As much as I've enjoyed my Crystal Cruises, I'm hoping to find the food and service to be as good on Oceania's Marina. If that's the case, then I think Crystal may lose a lot of business. They have no new ships coming online, whereas Oceania will have two. Crystal just refurbished Symphony, and while the changes are very nice, they can't do anything about the cabin size. So people like me that might book a regular size cabin on Crystal can get a Penthouse on Oceania for less.

But as, I said up front, Crystal is good at everything. You're going to have a great time!