Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > CruiseMates Group Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

CruiseMates Group Cruises Details about CruiseMates Group Cruises- Share the fun and anticipation with other CruiseMates sailing on them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Sheryl LaMarr

Default Scuba Diving

My husband and I will be cruising on the Paradise in a few weeks and would like some information about dive operators in Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Hondorus.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Scuba Diving

I have been to Cozumel many times and would recommend that you dive with Aqua Safari. They have an office downtown and in the Las Glorias hotel. They are a short ways from the dock.
In Belize, I would dive with AquaDives . Lastly, I love Treasure Island in Grand Cayman. Good diving.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Scuba Diving

I used a small dive shop called the equalizers last year in coz. had a good time and prices were reasonable. I will be in Hondiras next week. I have a dive lined up with a company called subway watersports. You can get info on dive shops for Roatan on roatan.net
Old April 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
kitcat

Hi,
I'm also interested in scuba diving, but I don't really know how to swim. Do I have to take swimming lessons before they would let me in the scuba diving tours?
Thanks for responding.
Kitcat
Old April 12th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Some of the dive ops I've used-
Coz: Dive with Martin, Aqua Safari, Papa Hogs
GC: Red Sails, Don Fosters

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

You need to know how to swim!! This is important if you need to save a life. And the dive shops will test you how well you can pass a simple swim test, also you need a C-card to dive anywhere.
Old June 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Suzanne Baggett R.N.

Default Roatan Diving and donating

The best Dive operator I have found in Roatan is Tyll's dive in West End. They have small boats no crowding and very personalized services.

Hello Group,

I just wanted to update everyone on the progress of this non-profit organization and let anyone interested of ways they can help support Honduras. Our organization is operated by a 100% volunteer staff and operates through private donations to help pay for the costs of shipping and building of new clinics and schools throughout Honduras. Although we are only currently in Roatan, Honduras we will soon be expanding into other areas of Honduras as well.

Please take a look at our web site for more detailed information at www.outreach-services.org and sign up for our newletter. We are always looking for medical and educational volunteers to assist with our programs. As well as donations of medical, educational and baby items.

We also have the book by David Evans The Judas Bird for sale at our web site where a portion goes directly to Worldwide Outreach Services. Please also look at our supporting business both from Honduras and the States and if you cannot donate directly please help support these businesses.

Thank you for your continued support.

Suzanne Baggett R.N.
Worldwide Outreach Services
1508 Elma Ruth Drive
Panama City, Fl 32409
www.outreach-services.org
Old July 31st, 2004, 09:56 PM
Passenger

We used Blue Angel in Cozumel. titi the divemaster was wonderful.
They delivered us right back to the ship area in plenty of time. Bottomtime was not rushed and saftey stop adhered to perfectly.
We enjoyed the trip with them. Alot cheaper than cruise lines tour for sure and small group w/ covered boat. I think it was $65 two tank dive.Snorkelers also were on board at same time. Although it did not interfere with the dives at all.
Old August 1st, 2004, 07:15 PM
Marian

I will be going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel next week with my two teenage sons and 10 year old daughter. The boys dive (not certified), and my daughter and I snorkle. I want to go to Stingray City in GC. Can we do it all together? By the way we will be on the rc cruise. Would you pick Coz., or GC to dive. I don't know how much money this will run, and I don't know if I can afford to have to have them dive twice.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Marian
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Marian, I would highly recommend visiting Stingray City while in GC if you have not been there before. And IMO the diving is better in Coz than GC. That being said, if your boys are not certified, be aware that reputable dive shops will NOT rent equipment or fill air tanks unless you have a C-card in hand.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?