CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cruise Dress / Packing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/)
-   -   Hangers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cruise-dress-packing/381200-hangers.html)

Sooziebfl March 15th, 2011 03:41 PM

Hangers

Are there plenty of hangers in the staterooms? Since we have to pack more than just tee shirts I was wondering if I should bring some hangers.

Mike M March 15th, 2011 05:47 PM

There are usually plenty of hangers in the closet and your cabin steward will gladly bring you more if you need them.

I, or I should say my wife, usually packs all the stuff that needs to be hung in a rolling suit bag. She puts them on wire hangers (Sorry Mommy Dearest). The suits and some dresses we will transfer from the wire hangers to the better hangers in the closet. However it makes unpacking and packing easier. You just go from the suit bag to the closet and back.

Take care,
Mike

Sooziebfl March 15th, 2011 05:53 PM

Thanks for the reply! It is our first time crusing and these message boards have been a GREAT help. I really appriciate the knowledge available here to help us first timers out!

AF1 March 15th, 2011 06:05 PM

like mike stated; plenty of hangers in closet; and u can get more; no worries; have fun

ruthlessboss March 15th, 2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF1 (Post 1359678)
like mike stated; plenty of hangers in closet; and u can get more; no worries; have fun

There are hangers but awkward as can be. They dangle on a small post with a knob on the end. Made so they are undesireable to take home. And they are fat. I bring a few plastic ones, more convenient and can fit more in a closet.

Lakers Fan March 15th, 2011 09:44 PM

We have yet to have a hanger shortage

Skipper's Mom March 16th, 2011 08:47 AM

I sometimes leave my clothes on the hangers from home and pack them that way. Then, when I arrive on the ship, I just have to move them from luggage to closet. I agree that there is usually an adequate supply of hangers in the closets. On my most recent trip on the Ryndam last week, my mother-in-law and I had oodles of storage, some that we didn't even use.

faria November 25th, 2011 12:40 AM

No need of hangers for dresses

well dear i do not think so that there is need of hangers. Plenty of hangers are already in the wardrobe and you can get more on request.

colorcrazie November 25th, 2011 01:17 PM

I like to hang my nicer things on plastic hangers at home. Then, I fold them over and put them in the suitcase. To unpack, I just lift them out and hang them in the closet. They seem to wrinkle less and it makes for minimal time/energy spent unpacking. I just reverse the process at the end.
Marty

faria January 26th, 2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faria (Post 1402777)
well dear i do not think so that there is need of hangers. Plenty of hangers are already in the wardrobe and you can get more on request.

sorry i forgot to write my web address (Dress Shop | The Trendy Style)

Surfguyxxx1 February 12th, 2012 03:17 PM

I take the clothes out of my closet, fold them in half, place into suitcase, recieve luggage in stateroom, open and hang. Cocktails anyone:-D