Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Cruise Dress / Packing
Register Forgot Password?

Cruise Dress / Packing Recommendations for the best clothes for traveling on ships

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Default Boston to Bermuda: Weather

Hey, does anyone know what kind of temperatures we can expect on the cruise from Boston to Bermuda towards the end of May? We are sailing on May 22nd. What kind of clothing should we pack for the cruise? I have read that it is warm in Bermuda at this time but wondered about the trip over.
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Boston to Bermuda: Weather

coolaide,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hey, does anyone know what kind of temperatures we can expect on the cruise from Boston to Bermuda towards the end of May? We are sailing on May 22nd. What kind of clothing should we pack for the cruise? I have read that it is warm in Bermuda at this time but wondered about the trip over.
The weather on the east coast of the United States is totally unpredictable more than a few days in advance. If you look at the statistics for any date, you'll find that about ten percent (10%) of all years are ten or more degrees below normal and about ten percent of all years are ten or more degrees above normal and deviations of twenty to thirty degrees in both directions have been recorded. In late May in the Boston area, normal high temperatures are in the 70's and normal low temperatures are in the 50's, but you could full well encounter either highs in the 90's or lows in the 30's. Also, the passage of a cold front can cause the temperature to drop by forty degrees or more in a matter of hours.

As to packing, I recommend bringing a sweater or sweatshirt and a waterproof light ("spring/fall") jacket. It would be very unusual to get a day on which wearing the jacket over the sweatshirt would not be adequate. I also recommend bringing both shorts or skirts and long pants, as you will appreciate the latter on an unseasonably cold day.

And I also recommend checking the weather forecast for Boston a day or two before your arrival....

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Admiral

I totally agree with Norm. For daywear on board while cruising down to Bermuda, track/jogging suits work great. Pack a lightweight sweater, sweatshirt and a light spring jacket, pack your shorts,t-shirts and your swimsuit. Dockers type pants will do fine on casual nights for both men and women, i like to wear sheath/sundress w/a nice sweater on casual nights
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much, Rev22:17 and LisaK! I am so excited about my first cruise and wanted to be prepared. I have been reading everything I can on this website. It's great!
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
Admiral

you are very welcome, glad to help
Old April 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Admiral

coolaide,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Thanks so much, Rev22:17 and LisaK! I am so excited about my first cruise and wanted to be prepared. I have been reading everything I can on this website. It's great!
You're welcome.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.