Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday is Here!

Morning Mates, Saturday is here and after a long relaxing day off yesterday, it feels like a really long weekend!
I am headed off to our local community Christmas Craft Fair this morning, to see if I can find something nice...

I promised to post a pic of Griffin's 1st haircut; he only got his face done, plus a clean, sweet-smelling body fluffing, and of course Emma too. It's nice when they both smell so good for awhile...

donna
Old December 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good morning everyone!!!

It is a misty, but unusually warm, day here in the Land Waiting For Winter. We are looking for a high today around 50 and tomorrow close to 60. That's warm for this time of year. However, the talking heads are saying that next week we are going into the deep freeze. I don't care because I'll be 8,000 miles away.

Yesterday was a fun day with the kids. We didn't go anywhere but had a nice time playing outside, watching TV and just having fun. Last night we played: "Ghosts in the Graveyard". (Basically flashlight tag) and had a blast. Except there was a collision between Grandma and my Grandson as they both ran around the corner of the house. Grandma got a cut on her hand from a rock on the ground and the grandson had a bump on his head. Oh well, neither of them were crying so all's good.

Today we are going to hit the movie theater and see Life of Pi. I heard mixed reviews and it's over 2 hours long. It may be a struggle for Grandpa and Grandson. A struggle for Grandpa to stay awake and a struggle for Grandson to stay still.

Only two more days until we "technically" start our Winter land, sea and air vacation. We are staying at an airport hotel the night before we leave. Our flight is at 8:15 a.m. and I have no desire to get up at 3:00 a.m. to get to the airport. I also don't think it's fair to have my SIL, who graciously offered to stay over and take us to the airport, to have to get up that early. This way we can get 2.5 hours more sleep and my SIL can take us on Tuesday afternoon. We are staying at an airport Courtyard By Marriott that I got on Priceline for $35. $48 after taxes. So it was a good deal and we get a free breakfast.

Well it's time to start the day. I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I didn't see RD's original thread or I must have been writing as she was posting. Thanks to whoever merged the threads.

Donna: That picture of Emma sure brings back memories of Kramer. He would put his head on my lap and look up at me like that. It usually meant "I want food or I gotta go outside."

Make sure that Griffin doesn't take all the attention away from Emma.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old December 1st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! What a surprise.. a day of sunshine and temps near 80 in store for Scottsdale.

Totally spoiled Mrs. Kuki yesterday... took her to a tent sale and a golf club. She doesn't golf, but got to watch me as I sifted through tables of golf wear. Then took her to her favorite places.... Home Depot, where I bought her a lovely new 3 set of new pliers; then off to IHop for brunch; went to Costco where I allowed her to fill my gas tank for me; and then, so she wouldn't have to cook dinner, I ran out and brought home Chick filet for dinner.

Now that all the bonding is done, I'm going golfing with the guys today.

To return all my kindness, Mrs Kuki has ordered a vanity license plate for me for my Arizona car. She feels she chose a perfectly descriptive plate, that describes both me and my car... JNKHEAP
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 1st, 2012, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Kuki,

It sounds like we have the same type of relationship with our wives.

It's amazing that they keep us. Then again, we are "Trophy Husbands". Betty wants to put her trophy on the mantelpiece.

Take care and Happy Belated Anniversary.
Mike

Old December 1st, 2012, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Would somebody please explain what the hell is going on with these boards?

The only way I can get in to any string is to click on the "last post" column. This has been going on for awhile, although most of you don't seem to have any problem going about your merry way here.

I have tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Explorer), with the same non-results.

Basically, this thing is busted, has been for days, and nobody seems interested in fixing it.
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post
Would somebody please explain what the hell is going on with these boards?

The only way I can get in to any string is to click on the "last post" column. This has been going on for awhile, although most of you don't seem to have any problem going about your merry way here.

I have tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Explorer), with the same non-results.

Basically, this thing is busted, has been for days, and nobody seems interested in fixing it.
AR
We are EXTREMELY interested in fixing it. The problem is that the people who can fix it can't recreate the problem and it is a PIA to find. It is being worked on and I'm am very sorry for the problems. It is as frustrating to us as it is to you and others that are having problems.

Take care,
Mike

Old December 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Admiral

A very gloomy looking day today in Smallville.
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Make sure that Griffin doesn't take all the attention away from Emma.
Don't worry Mike, Emma gets her fair share of attention, even gets to go for rides in the car without the little pest. She also comes to me for rescuing when the little one gets too feisty and I remove him from her ankle or ears - and out of the room for awhile! Emma will always be my #1!

donna
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Donna, Mike M, Kuki and AR. I concur with the congratulations on your Anniversary Kuki. If Fran had lasted four more months, we would have celebrated our 41st.

Well, our site problems, for me at least, are becoming a game. It seems that sometime I'd say around midnight or so and lasting at least several hours, I can bring up a thread in the usual way. But during the day, I have to return to going through the last post and then scrolling up as I just did a few minutes ago. Actually AR, I began this thread three hours ago and got called away, so I'm going back and adding you and your problem. As you can see, it's the same as mine. except for the "time out" or I guess it's better to say "time in.

It's obvious to me what's happening. It's like this; the Chinese are confusing Cruisemate's computers with Defense Department sites dealing with Navy Cruisers and are inadvertently bugging Cruisemate's computers instead of the Pentagon's. Cruisemate's programmers (or whatever) are debugging the system but by the time they're finished it's late at night. I mean, the answer was so simple!

Donna, if that wasn't one of those "Your 'Awww' for the day" type of photo, I don't know what is. An absolute treasure and Emma has such an adorable face anyway. How can your resist those eyes. That is why if I had a Lab, Shepherd or any of several other types, they'd probably be morbidly obese. Probably hell, they would be morbidly obese as I could deny them nothing. My youngest cat Felix, aka The Tennessee Terrorist, is quickly becoming that way and he'd best stop those "playful" slaps as I pass by which are of the variety that you feel almost nothing but then a minute or two later you hear a sloshing sound. After I pour the blood out of my sneakers it takes me ten minutes or so to get it to stop flowing. While they all had their nails done at the same time, Oliver and Jenny's nails are not yet again sharp whereas his are just like razors. It's almost like the Tin Man but on steroids. So I keep saying to him, "C'mon over here and have some more food!" or, "Here's a big piece of pork fat and if you eat it all, I'll let you have a big slice of cheesecake!" Writing of pork fat just made me realize someone once told me I should write an autobiolgraphy. Hmmm....wonder why?

Well Mike, I've heard of extremes when trying to avoid e-mails shouting HELP but you didn't have to do it in such a grandiose style, such as traveling halfway around the globe.

Sounds as if you have perfect golfing weather, Kuki. Tried that once but I had such a wicked(especially around four hundred thousand dollar homes with glass slice that the premium for my million dollar blanket insurance policy probably tripled in the three weeks that I attempted to really play the game.

As I stated above AR, we're both having the same problem with the same temporary solution. I wonder if you have the "late night respite" wherein everything works as it should. I'll say this. Were Mike and Paul still in charge and doing the repair/trouble shooting as they used too, we wouldn't be suffering what we are today; of that I'm convinced. But the site owners hold sway over such things as it's a fairly large corporation and you know how that works.

And a "Good Day" as well to Smallville and you Laker's Fan. I just wonder about two things which are, where do you keep the cape and you must be the happiest being in the world that phone booths are no more!

Hope everyone has a great and safe week next week along with my wishes for you Mike, to have with your wife the best cruise ever!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by ToddDH; December 1st, 2012 at 03:16 PM.