Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Default Friday and I Got In!

Morning Mates, I don't know how many of you will be able to get in and actually read this message, but I have discovered clicking on my "favourites" just does not work. Googling www.cruismates.com was the only way I could get in and actually read or post anything.

I am also getting a box stating: "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors."
Is anybody else getting this message every time you log on to CruiseMates?

Ayway, it is Friday and I have a day off!
Other than aquafitness, I have no idea what I will do with myself today, but staying warm is definitely on the agenda. It is COLD, windy, and snow is in the air; it is, after all, the end of November!
See you in December!

donna
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It seems that the gremlins are multiplying. I have yet to have the problem(s) but it's happening more and more. Let's just say it's frustrating when you really can't do anything about it.

Donna: Ignore the certificate message. My EWAG (Educated Wild A** Guess) is that it is coming from the ad server.

On that note: It's a cool and damp morning here in the Land of Icy Roads. Yesterday, was somewhat of a wash out. I had a brain vacation while taking a shower, yesterday afternoon, and now have a nice bruise on my rear end. The worst part was that I missed my granddaughter's choir concert and solo performance. I was lucky though that Betty recorded it and I received a private performance last night when Betty and the grandkids got home. There is no school today and their parents are out of town this weekend, so we are taking care of them. Grandma and Grandpa have to stock up on kid time so we aren't missing them so bad while we're gone.

I'm really not sure what is on the agenda for today except updating the travel netbook. I'll transfer pertinent emails and information from my main system to the netbook. It used to be just a stripped down system for short trips. With longer trips I have had to beef it up with more security and firewalls so I can do online banking and other "stuff" from less secure networks.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and that the "gremlins" are soon exorcised.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Captain

I am using Chrome as my browser and I do not seem to have these problems.

Is it browser specific?
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna, Mike M. and Marsduke and all who follow!

Donna, I know it's a real downer that what you wanted too do, you can't. I was hoping against hope on your behalf. However, "C'est la guerre.'" Keep working at it and I've no doubt you'll eventually find exactly what you're seeking.

Also, so sorry to hear you had an episode, Mike, especially that it included falling in the shower. My one greatest fear is probably yours too but for different reasons. Mine is my ICD. Because I've dropped dead four times, I've never had prior warning. I'm getting more and more fearful that it may go off while I'm driving but currently I just can't quit, either. But I've curtailed it to a major degree, doing so only when I absolutely have too.

I have gone back to now say that this post is being completed following an hour break because of the phone and I don't have time to reread the thread so forgive me if you've posted since this hits the boards.

This logging in is getting ridiculous. Finally, last night I was able to get in the usual way with no problems whatsoever. I was going to post such a message but thought, "Maybe you'd better wait." Glad I did as I'm now back too having to click on the last poster's message in order to access the thread.

The site owners (I have no idea who they are today), had best get their act together elst people are eventually going to be dropping out like flies.

It's absurd that one has to jump through hoops to get in. I can even now understand to a degree if everyone was consistently having the same issue as to how they can get on, but such is not the case. I know you, Mike, are doing every thing you can as is Paul but actually repairing this problem is apparently now beyond even your collective technical abilities.

Well, today I have to go see Jeff. The compression socks combined with the the lasix seem to be working to a decent degree. My problem with diuretics is simply this. I have CHF and it will result in my death. That is accepted as fact by all medical people. The question only is, when and that is something no one except the Man upstairs can know. But what medical science does know is that with CHF, one of the more drastic things for the patient is kidney failure. That generally comes very late in the progression of the ailment. My kidneys are now on the downhill slide. When I originally started on diuretics my overall bodily functions were normal. If I took lasix it started working within 45 minutes and depending upon the dosage, etc., meant that I was over and through it within two hours or so and we're talking blockbuster amounts of the stuff, i.e.: 80 milligrams bid. Now even with half that dosage the effects might commence in forty-five minutes to up to five, even six hours IF AT ALL! Therefore I can't plan or schedule anything and am in effect, confined to a great degree to my residence as it's so hard to actually go out anyway.

I was looking forward to scheduling the next cruise coinciding with when some of you might be sailing. I can no longer do that. I was actually researching airfares to London as I have for the last thirty years, been chomping at the bit to see the Imperial War Museum in London. I could even stay for nothing as a niece lives with her husband and two children in one of London's most exclusive areas, Hampstead. I have also wanted to visit the Isle of Man (that even cruise ships now occasionally visit) where my nieces were raised and to which my brother and SIL have recently returned after spending about five or six years over here. Such a trip is now a pipe dream, etc., etc.

I can, however, at least for now, travel by vehicle so that is how I'm re-arranging things. I'd like to return to Washington because last time I was in D.C., there wasn't even the Air and Space museum! So there's plenty to do in this country. I could conceivably go out West as I would love to see the Rockies, etc. So it's not as if I'm house bound. Even though I frequently discuss my status, etc., with any number of folks including you'uns, I nevertheless am a positive person and now am looking forward to what I can do. As they say, "Thats the truth and I'm stickin' to it!"

Hope everyone has a grand TGIF and a super weekend!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by ToddDH; November 30th, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
I know you, Mike, are doing every thing you can as is Paul but actually repairing this problem is apparently now beyond even your collective technical abilities.
Not beyond our technical capabilities we just don't have access to the "guts" of the system. It seemed like things ran better when we did it and had a hosting team that was a little more "attentive".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Texas, where it is sunny, and warm. What crazy weather we are having.

I came in through the back door so to speak. It is getting a bit crazy.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Admiral

I haven't had a problem coming to CM .
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another incredibly lovely day in Scottsdale awaits; with highs near 80.

It's been a very busy week, with a variety of friends in and out of town all week. I golfed with different friends each day this week, but have to take today off to rest my back.

Today is the 32nd anniversary of the date Mrs. Kuki married me. She still loves me and I don't blame her

Since it's a special day, as a treat for her, I made the coffee

We're going to go together and let her choose some new tools, so she is able to do the maintenance around the condo much faster.

We'll see how the day progresses, but I may let her make me my favorite meal for dinner.
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Default Friday and I Got In

And a good rainy morning to you. I, too, got in through the back door, so to speak.

Didn't sleep well last night, so I was a late riser. It's supposed to rain through Monday morning, light showers and/or mud slides, depending on which weather maven you listen to. Not many plans for that reason. We'll just see what the day brings.

Judy
Old November 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've been getting the error box at the bottom for awhile, I just hit "allow" and it is fine....Thank God I havin't had the other problems some posters have had??

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Admiral

I'm still having a hard time getting to some pages. I just thought that Paul had banned me, but I guess others are having trouble too.
Old November 30th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I have also noticed this site is very sluggish, taking awhile to open posts, etc....???

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Admiral

So far, so good. I hope everyone is doing well!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Admiral

I had been reading where some folks were having problems for several days with the site but until night before last I hadn't had any problems.
I have no problem signing on--just that can't get some threads to come up.
When that happens, I just click back to my home page, open the tool bar, delete the history and then hit Cruise Mates on my favorites-- it opens right up--then I go to back to wherever I was and the thread that wouldn't open, click on it and so far, it's worked every time.
It takes hardly anytime to do this, but it is aggravating--- but it's my way around it---hope whatever ails it finally gets cured.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have to say I have TRIED to replicate the problem so I can help to solve it, but I just can't do it.

Last night I logged OUT of the site and stayed out overnight.

This morning it said "if this is your first visit you have to register...."

So I know my "session cookie" expired. But I still had no problems. I am using Internet Explorer, too.

I ask you all to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be very specific with your problems. Don't just say "some threads won't come up."

Tell us EXACTLY WHICH THREADS don't come up. If you find a way to fix it tell us how to you did it.

When it doesn't work tell us what you are doing - the page, what browser you are using (Internet explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, AOL, whatever).

Thank you.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Paul, As you undoubtedly know, I've stated MY problem and my own solution which as it turns out is mimiced by AR's. What I didn't say is that I'm using Internet Explorer.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean