Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday it is!

Morning Mates, it is Thursday but my Friday. It is report card week and there are parent-teacher interviews tomorrow, so no school.

I got a bit of good news yesterday, my transfer to the other school will be put off for another week, due to "maintenance issues" with the new centre where I won't be working.

Meanwhile, being Thursday, it is aquafitness day, so I will be off there soon. There is a threat of snow in the air this morning, a few pellets already on the ground, but nothing to worry about.
Have a good one everyone!

donna
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Donna and everyone.

It looks to be a beautiful day here in the Land of Hibernating Foliage.

I was up at 4:00 a.m.. I'm starting to think I'm back in elementary school. I'm going to bed at 8:00 p.m. and waking up at 4:00 a.m.. At least I have plenty of time to shower and have breakfast before the school bus shows up.

Yesterday was the "official" packing day for the Asia cruise. We leave on Tuesday but we have the grandkids on Friday, Saturday and Sunday while their parents teach an out of town class. With the kids here we know we won't get anything done so we "got to it" and are now almost done. Just have the "carry-on" stuff to pack, netbook to update, and we're ready to leave.

Donna: Does this mean you will not be taking the transfer?

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and a great upcoming weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 29th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Donna, I'm glad you're off today but my question is the same as Mike's. Is the "dreaded" transfer permanently off or just delayed?

Mike, gosh you must be so excited even with your frequent cruising experiences. I hope you'uns have a marvelous time.

My access issues to the threads continue. But at least I can gain access by clicking on the last post.

There is definitely, "Frost on the pumpkin" here in upper East Tennessee this morning! We are, however, going into a warming trend later that will result in highs in the mid sixties by Saturday or Sunday. Hope they're right.

Well, I put on my thigh high compression socks for the first time this morning. My gosh what a process! I was totally worn out by the time I had completed putting them on.

It'll be off to Walmart shortly for some shopping, then Lowe's for an aerator for the kitchen sink and then a stop at Staples for some paper.

Hope everyone has a great run-up to TGIF!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a very cool Texas.

I have also been having troubles getting on, except when I get an e-mail reply, and yesterday that was the only place I could post. I haven't been to the other web site in more than 3 years, but decided to see if I would have the same problems, and I didn't.

I have not been busy the last couple of days. Just doing what I always do.

Mike, If I don't get the chance, have a great cruise.

Todd, Love you.

Take care all

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default problems

I too cannot get onto chit chat. I came thru Luanne's post. Whats wrong with the site?

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Admiral

I too am having major issues with posting and even reading other posts, I have to "re-route" my way in several times instead of just "favourites". It is sure frustrating.

To be clear on the job thing: I did NOT get the job I wanted at the new centre, I am still being transferred to another school doing the same old job, but the transfer is, for the moment, deferred for another week. I am happy to be with my "peeps" for another week, and with any luck, they will find somebody for the other school before I have to make the move!

donna
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Am I the only one not having problems getting on here ?
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Good sunny and warmer Thursday mates

Off to do a little shopping at Woodfield mall, I'm looking for something new to wear to D/H's holiday work party. It's kind of funny 29 years on the job and we have only gone to the holiday party one time but now he's retired were going this year. I’m thinking he's missing some of the guys?

I do find it funny that whenever I’m shopping for something nicer to wear to an affair I always think “this will be good on a cruise”

Anyway hope everyone has a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Admiral

A late start but a hearty good morning to all of our friends! Went to the lab to have blood drawn for my semiannual blood test this morning and it only took me 15 minutes total from leaving my door to returning to my door. I am very fortunate that my doctor and the lab are two miles away with no traffic lights on the way and I can literally go straight in, get the blood drawn and leave in 3 minutes. God is good!

Have a wonderful day 'mates!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.