Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Wakeup

Good morning Cruisemate friends! Space City, USA has clear skies again and a frosty 43f. I watched the Carnival Magic come in at Galveston and she did not have any tug support today!! Hooray! Last Wednesday, I went up in a helicopter and patrolled the Port of Houston. I have many pictures and I will attempt to post them sometime in the future.

Have a great day friends!!!!!!!!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Morning Mehawk and all Mates to follow...I got the whole house cleaned this morning before I remembered to check in!

Quite a few of my friends from about 20-60 minutes away are reporting SNOW this morning, but so far, blue skies and lots of GREEN around here! It is much colder than yesterday though, so I know it can't be far away...

Going to a friend's for afternoon tea; she loves to experiment with new baking projects and I am a willing guinea pig! Today it is gluten-free something I can't pronounce or spell, but it ends in "foulis" or maybe it's "coulis", can't remember!

donna
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Michael, Donna, and all those to follow.

It is sunny here, but a bit cool. It should be a nice day for Jim to finish the outside lights. This is the first year we have put them up, in almost four years, so they are a little tangled.

We had such a good weekend. The hotel in Austin was really good, and the resturants we picked turned out to be good ones. The show was great, and even sat near a few Texas celebs.

Today I have to put my house together, and get control of all the dog hair that gathered while we were gone.

I hope all of you had a good holiday, and pray that if you are away, you get home safely.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Luanne.......glad ya had a good time.........

Michael........looking forward to seeing the pics.......

Grocery shopping today......yeah.......

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A chilly day in these parts today.
Well the tree is up and the halls are decked no all that’s left is to Christmas shop…..Yuck!!! I am so not a shopper.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

My MA. license plate is SHOP*R

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
First Mate

Hi all! A quiet day in my office while DH sleeps!! Thanksgiving is over. Kids, spouses, DH and I had a fairly big meal. Unfortunately, my first turkey was dry - ugh! My Black Friday shopping consisted of internet shopping and going to pick up in the afternoon on Friday. Works for me!

Mehawk - looking forward to seeing the pictures

RD - we had flurries overnight. Nothing on the ground! Taste some of the goodies for me, too!

Luanne - good luck with the dog hair; never-ending job!!

LS80 - have fun getting the groceries

Aerogirl - good job on the holiday decorations being done; not so good job on the shopping yet to be done - I know the feeling!

Not much else going on at the moment. To be in the mid-40's today and partly cloudy. Cool or cold all week. Oh well. It is November.

Have a good Sunday all!
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Wakeup

Good morning. It was 88 yesterday, but we are told that the cold stuff and the wet stuff are coming.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I think there's probably a nap in my near future. Keith is still sawing wood.

This will be a packing afternoon readying ourselves for a short trip to Phoenix tomorrow. I think we'll try sharing a bag this time . . .

Have a good day!

Judy
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good "late" morning from Minnesota.

Yesterday was our Thanksgiving/Christmas and it was a wonderful day. The kids, grandkids, SIL and GFIL (Girlfriend Inlaw ) were over and we had a great meal, fun and a lot of laughs. I didn't get to bed until 1:30 a.m.. and I slept until almost 10:00

Today I will make Betty a list of what we need to do before we leave for Asia and what we'll need for the trip. We are now in pre-cruise excitement. We booked this thing so long ago it seemed like it wouldn't arrive and now it's almost here.

We also have to make a run to the stores to take back a couple of things and Betty wants a couple of new things for the trip.

Otherwise it's business as usual.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a great rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Admiral

It´s another 75 degree sunny day here in Patzcuaro. Mexico. We just had yuppie doffees ("Browncitos) and breakfast alfresco on beautiful "Plaza Grande"... which is one of the most beautiful town squares in all of Mexico.

This time of year the weather is oh so beautiful and we cannot help but remember those cold rainy Novembers when it was 35 degrees in SW Wadhington State.

This afternoon we are going to Tsintsuntsan to buy an artisania pottery gift of some sort for our friends we will be staying with pre and post cruise in Florida, in just a couple of weeks.

Then we will go to our favorite "barbacoa" place outside of town for some barbecued chorizo or ribs or chicken with hand-made tortillas and salsas. Hmmmmmmm decisions, decisions, decisions?

Retired life is so tough!
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Good Sunday morning from the Arizona desert, where the weather is wonderful. We haven't closed the window in our bedroom in weeks!

We went to Flagstaff for Thanksgiving where we had a mini family reunion. My mother and one brother and his family live in Flagstaff and my other brother came from the space coast of Florida with one of his sons, so, minus a spouse and a couple of the grandchildren, we were all together. It was really nice.

Jose put up the outdoor Christmas lights last weekend because he left yesterday for Costa Rica. One of his grandsons graduates this week from la Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica, a huge accomplishment for a family where few have ever even graduated from high school. Oscar the Shih Tzu went to doggy heaven about a month ago, so I am truly home alone!

I did some online Christmas shopping yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good about my progress in that area. It's back to work tomorrow after 4 days off, but it'll be nice to have the human contact since Jose is gone.

We recently booked a cruise on the Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans on 1/4/14. It's a ways out, but it does give us something to look forward to!

Have a wonderful Sunday Cruise Mates!
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from freezing cold NY