Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning!

Morning Mates, Thursday is my Friday this week - school is closed for "in-service" day tomorrow. Teachers work, but no kids, therefore no after-school program. Unfortunately, also no pay.

Meanwhile, it's off to aquafitness this morning, as my cold is feeling much better.
Last night our team won at trivia again, we are becoming legends in our own minds!

Todd, glad to see you posting again, missed you and hope you're doing better...

donna
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Thanks RD, it's off to do business after while and then go for early voting (if the line isn't too long as it's in town). I don't care how anyone votes but as I'm oft to say, "I'll listen to your complaints but only if you exercise your franchise." Some of the loudest complainers I've known on both sides are those that don't vote because, "I know my vote doesn't count!" We've all heard too many stupid statements in our lives but that's one I never could figure out. To such I only reply, "Just think of the millions and millions of people around this earth that don't even have the right to elect their own government!"

We're supposed to have sunny weather today with a high of 79. Please EVERYONE in the US and Canada (especially you, Rollerdonna) who live on the East Coast, please maintain frequent updates on Hurricane Sandy.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Thursday!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow from a warm Texas. This is suppose to be our last really warm day, but we shall see. Our high for tomorrow, is suppse to be at midnight tonight.

Usually this time of morning it is bright and sunny out, but it is still dark, so I know the season has changed.

Today I have to go grocery shopping. The freezer is empty, and it cost so much these days to fill, so that part I am not looking forward to.

Ladies and for those who cook, you can relate to this. Yesterday I cooked a pork roast. I started around 2:30, and we ate at 5:00. All that cooking, and in 30 minutes we were done. I must be getting tired of cooking, because that seems like a lot of prep, for enjoyment for such a short time.

Well it is time to get my day started. I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright & chilly here, and, I will be off for some blood work soon, and that will lead to errands getting done.

The weathermen are scaring the bejesus out of all of us, about this miserable hurricane, with horrible adjectives! To add to the angst, my kids left last night, driving to North Carolina,and their return would have them traveling back with her....the storm will probably delay the start of them driving home, so in general, I am not happy with Sandy.

Todd, I hope you are having a healthy day,as are all our CM'ers.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; October 25th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Trip,

Hopefully the kids will be flexible enough to delay their return home unitl after the storm is well past them to the point they'll always be well behind it if they're coming up the coast. Of course it all depends where they're going in N.C. We're not going to get any effect and I live 9 miles from the western border of North Carolina in the mountains.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I have returned from the wilds of South Dakota and I am happy but sad to say that many pheasants were harmed in the making of the trip. We had a banner year. We hunted four days and hunting started at noon each day. We had our limit each day by 1:30 p.m.. One day we had the limit by 12:45 p.m. A lot of birds and, even I, shot my limit two out of four days and was never "skunked".

The knee held out fairly well and everyone had a great time. That is until we came home. We stopped for breakfast in Aberdeen S.D. and picked up some sort of intestinal bug.

Oh well: It's back to reality. I did get the boat winterized yesterday afternoon and today I need to do some work with our financial adviser. He'll advise me that I'm broke.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

I am staying home because I injured my arm and my leg a couple of days ago, when I lost my balance after missing a step off a curb.

Since I'm home, I will be paying attention to the weather reports. We live on Florida's east coast and Sandy could do some damage here.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the warning Todd, we are keeping updated on Sandy here, as it looks like it might hit NS around Monday. Maybe I will have an extra long weekend....
Meanwhile, I'm with Mike...I must've eaten something I shouldn't have becaue I am paying for it this morning. Tried to go to aquafitness and had to get out of the pool after 20 mins, to the bathroom, then home. Here's hoping the Immodium takes effect soon!

donna
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:08 AM
First Mate

Well, a sunny, warm, upper 70's day in NW Ohio before all heck breaks loose and we only hit 50's tomorrow and 40's over the weekend.

The neck is feeling better this morning. Was feeling lousy again last night and a little worried because stomach hurt (the vein was leaking internally during the procedure). That has also passed. So, hoping today goes better.

Todd, RD, Mike and Manuel - please take care of yourselves and don't overdue - hope the yuckies pass soon!

Luanne - I know what you mean about the freezer filling AND the cooking!

Trip - hope you stay safe as well as the rest of the cruisemates on the east coast. They say we could be affected in NW Ohio depending on the track of Sandy, but not near the extent of you on the east coast.

Hope all have a great day!
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A beautiful morning around here with mild temps but turning very cool as a front moves through later this afternoon.
The bathroom is finished except for painting and wow what a difference 18 inches had made, I can now sit on the pot and have somewhere to put my long legs!
I have mom coming over for dinner and a visit today. Hope all my injured and bruised CMs have a speedy recovery!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful, sunny day here in my corner of eastern Ontario. We'll see a few clouds, but it will be nice and mild, with an expected high of near 70 (21 Celsius).

Wayne and I are also watching Sandy, because we're scheduled to leave Bayonne, NJ on the Explorer of the Seas Sunday for a 7-nighter to Bermuda! Only time will tell if we actually make it to Bermuda, or if the captain decides to route us elsewhere. Regardless of where we end up, we'll have a wonderful time as my two brothers and their wives are taking their first cruise with us! Even the drive down will be fine, as it's only about 7 hours.

I hope all my fellow CruiseMates have a great day!
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........the weather is sure changing........50's for the highs......at least it's only 40's for the lows........so far......

Luanne......know what ya mean about cooking........eating goes so fast........

Mike.....glad ya had a good hunting trip.....

To all you east coasters......stay safe......hope all are well.....you will be in our thoughts.......

Y'all have a good day.....

Sharon
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

They say we are due to get the storm, Monday into Tuesday...I cancelled the Drs appt, I had for Monday,and, we are getting our hurricane box ready..oy! Our shore line will decrease a few more inches/feet!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 25th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I didn't realize how big and dangerous this storm was this morning. Everyone please be safe. Those of us in Texas, will be praying for you.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Good Morning

Good morning, everybody.

Our planned power outage yesterday went very smoothly. Lights went off at 9:30 a.m. Later in the day, I fell asleep over a book and the power was back on about 3 p.m. Why it couldn't have gone that well in the past, I guess I'll never know. They replaced a pole. We drove by later, and it was sawed up and neatly stacked on a truck. It was all rotten inside! The pole was very close to our houses and could have collapsed on one of us.

Keith and I are going to Arizona next month for my BIL's 85th birthday. Some of you will remember that Wendell had West Nile Disease and still needs a wheel chair.

Judy
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon friends! As Luanne stated it is supposed to get cooler, much cooler this evening and for tomorrow. Being lazy today as it is an off day for me.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Sandy

Here in the Ocoee area we will be fine with showers that we need.

Now on the beaches. Son went down to Paradise Beach and said he thinks the waves are over 10 feet. That is not any good. Our beach erosion will be BAD.

I see the report says she will be heading for New York.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!