Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday!

Morning Mates, it's Tuesday already. I have to say that Monday went by way too fast, but maybe that's because I now have a new helper at work, amking things a lot less stressful.
We got a gov't grant for an "assisted child care worker", supposedly to be of help with any special needs children. None are actually diagnosed with anything, but I know ADHD when I see it and I have a few, not to mention the just plain obnoxious behaviour problems that require an awful lot of attention. Having that 3rd person in the classroom makes a big difference...

This morning, I am returning to my morning Aquafitness workout. The pool has been closed for repairs since the end of June, and my body sure misses those workouts!

Have a good one all!

donna
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all, are Donna and i the only ones awake? lol. Its a dreary morning, hard to get motivated to much, but i have Jeff Dunham on friday night to look forward to, can't wait
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Familiar Face

How's this for a happy Tuesday morning site?

Multimedia - PanCanal.com

A Celebrity and HAL ship both going through the Panama Canal locks side by side.

Old October 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The sky is brightening a bit, so we may squeeze a semi nice day, before we head into rain tomorrow. It's ok, it could be snow...and that will come all to soon!

October becomes more crowded for me, with another birthday, as today is the day Addison is born, and, makes me the youngest great grandmother you all know The sun is shining brightly for her today

Bruce bought one of those 2 cup coffee pod makers, so this tea drinker is actually drinking pretend coffee....the color is almost white,and filled with splenda!! Would Starbucks even allow me to buy a cuppa coffee? lol

The big closet switcheroo continues,and I am being relentless in getting rid of stuff...how much denim could one woman have never worn, and kept? Ask me!! St Vincent will be getting several bags of donations.

Make it a good one..Race Addict..thanks for taking me away for a few minutes in paradise

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 18th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Morning all. It's raining here. Having my quiet time right now, if you can call it quiet. I've got a kitty up on the desk in front of me and the dog outside having a fit because he wants me to come play. Guess I'll be doing chores, reading, and taking care of dad, like always. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Trip, I did the dreaded closet changeover yesterday.. I was getting tired of running back and forth across the house for warmer stuff from the spare room, then back to the shorts in my dresser! I think the cool weather has finally settled in for good, so out come the warm pants and sweaters, and the summer stuff will just have to wait till our cruise in Dec. to come out of storage again...

donna
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
Make it a good one..Race Addict..thanks for taking me away for a few minutes in paradise
I got pics of them side by side... now I'm watching Google Earth to see if they get to Miraflores together as well.

Old October 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........change closets??? What's that???? Here ya never know what the weather will be.........

Sewing for today.......guess I should say repairs......so much fun.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday

Good morning! We're socked in! So foggy you can't see beyond the fence in the back yard. It's been that way along the coast but never inland.

I still haven't done the Great Closet Move. Been too warm here. People are still running around in shorts and capris.

Nothing major planned today. Enjoy your day!

Judy
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Familiar Face

Multimedia - PanCanal.com

Zuiderdam on her way out now.

Old October 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning/afternoon from a much cooler Texas. The windows are open, and the wind is blowing hard. I sure hope it stays this way for awhile now. We deserve a break.

I am morning a loss at our house. My Kindle died last night. It was not built to stand on, which is what happened. I debated what to do, and finally ordered the new Kindle Fire that comes out next month. I hate that I won't have one for our trip to Vegas, but will make due until it gets here.

I have been very busy this morning. Got up with a new energy, that has come in handy.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a warm day in Virginia Beach where it is supposed to hit above 80. Thank G-d I didn't put the summer clothing away yet. As an experienced traveler, I have always packed and outfit for the opposite season and that has made me keep the some "opposite season" clothing on hand. Not much on the menu today; I went to the gym, went out to lunch with a girlfriend, and then am headed for work. May everybody have a great day!
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Familiar Face

If you want to see the process live you can watch Celebrity Infinity on the Miraflores webcam right now. She's in the distance, but is through the second to last lock and will be entering the Miraflores Lock soon:

WebCam - PanCanal.com

The low-res Miraflores webcam is focused on her now as well:

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/ca...cam=Miraflores

The cruise ships must feel like rock stars going through the canal... I've never seen the webcams follow one vessel so closely all day.

Old October 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY