Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday!

Morning Mates,
I can hardly believe my eyes - the sun is out today!! I'd almost forgotten what it looks like!
My husband says it came out just for my birthday. Isn't that nice?

Yesterday I gave up waiting for the sun and went out in the rain to pull weeds, do trim work, and planted a lovely little lilac bush that hubby bought me last week before he went in the hospital. Boy, was I sore last night!
If my back holds up today, maybe I can do some more on the front of the property, there certainly is lots to do!

Tonight we have a reservation at what people around here call "THE special restaurant in town", sort of a cruise-specialty-restaurant-quality place.
We'll celebrate my birthday with good food and good wine and I'll let you know if it was any good!

donna
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Captain

Happy Birthday RD. Glad the sun made it's arrivial for your your special day. Have a great day and dinner.
The sun is shinning here also with temps cooler and rain coming in this evening. Today I will be taking my Mom to the foot Dr. It is just her routine visit and shouldn't take very long. Yesterday's trip ended up taking several hours but that was ok. While Mom was at the Dr's office I took my 2 grandaughters to the library. They had a ball. The oldest one enrolled in the special summer reading program they have going on. If she reads 10 books she gets a new book for her home library plus a gift certificate for a kids meal at Bob Evans Restruants. She picked out 3 books and we got one for little sister. Before we left the kids area she had read one of the books to little sister and wanted to get another, so we did. On the way home she read another one to all of us. Here at home she managed to read 2 more before it was time to go home. Today we will go return these and get another batch. She is really into this reading which makes me very happy.
Little sister likes it too as she get read to!
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Familiar Face

Happy birthday, Donna!!! I was thinking about you this morning.

Well, the sun will be playing peek-a-boo with the clouds here today, but it will be another lovely day. And I'm particularly enjoying being able to check my email and the daily CM posts from home .

Have a great day, everyone.
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning, from Lake Medina, Texas!

I awoke early this morning (before daybreak) and stuck my head outside to see what kind of day may be shaping up. It looked kind of stormy and now the winds have kicked up. This is our last stop before going home tomorrow.

I didn't have any problem with travel yesterday, and was even able to help out with the driving. Don't see any reason why we can't make the remaining leg, without issue. I scheduled the first of what will be several doctor appts, for Friday. When I left the hospital, I was still having trouble with my O2 saturation. Hopefully it is nothing more than sleep apnea, but since there was also an issue when I was awake, I just don't know. I'll jump through all the hoops they put in front of me, and make sure all is well. The good news is that I feel really good!

RD, of course the sun is going to make an appearance today! Just for you. Find you a good book and a comfortable chair, and enjoy it! Have a wonderful dinner tonight.

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone and a grand Happy Birthday to you R/D! Hope you have a wonderful day!

At the way your granddaughter is reading books Sue, she'll have her own personal library and be a regular at Bob Evans. Absolutely wonderful!

It's forecast to be a fine day here too Cruwysie, partly cloudy with a high around 84F.

Today is oncology day for Fran. She has accepted that any day the other shoe will officially drop so she is not in the depths of depression. At any rate, we'll find out more this morning. Will let you know the outcome.

Last evening was Fran's cancer support group and as usual, it was an enjoyable hour and a half. I know that sounds strange, but such meetings at least with her group are upbeat and everyone is laughing more of the time than you'd probably believe. At any point, this if what is known as the Bible belt. Last night a gentleman attended for the second time and placed his well worn Bible on the table in front of him, generally with his hand atop it. At the end of the meeting he asked permission so as not to embarrass anyone if he could close the meeting with a prayer. Everyone said of course. He then gave one of the most appropriate and uplifting yet brief for lack of a better term, benedictions that I've ever heard. Though he is not, he sounded as if he were a member of the clergy.

Finally, my Electrophysiologist in Cleveland had adamantly insisted that I hve a sleep apnea test. I conveniently kept forgetting despite repeated reminders from my dear wife. At any rate, yesterday afternoon I was at my computer when I heard her on the phone, herself making the arrangements. Drats! Foiled again!

Prayers continue for those on the list accompanied of course by a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Darlene,

You must have posted while I was writing. Sounds as if I may have a sleep apnea compadre.

It's really great that you're feeling so good at this stage of your recovery. Hang in there gal, you'll get through those hoops in no time flat!

Todd
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RD!!! I hope you have a great day.
Things are in full swing here with the eighth grade dinner dance this Friday and let me tell you Iíll be happy when Iím at the party and see everything is going smooth. I didnít realize how much work it was going to be. Itís sad to see how many parents just donít care to help. This will be my last time taking on something this big pretty much by myself, but at least I know the kids will have a great time and a great memory of their dance. Other than that my foot is still bad and Iím wondering if Iíll ever get back to a normal life. I canít walk more than thirty minutes at a time before I need to rest it. Itís very hard as Iím a walker and very active on my feet. Oh well enough complaining. Need to get grocery shopping done today and thatís about it. Cool and rainy for today a good day to take it easy. Have a blessed day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from another hot and sunny day in NY.

Todd: I hope your wife feels better

I just returned from 80 minutes of exhausting PT .Later today I am meeting with a friend ,a retired pro-athlete to do walking on a 2 1/2 mile boardwalk .He will be pacing me .It will be my longest continuous post surgery walk.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Darlene,

You must have posted while I was writing. Sounds as if I may have a sleep apnea compadre.

It's really great that you're feeling so good at this stage of your recovery. Hang in there gal, you'll get through those hoops in no time flat!

Todd
Todd, you dear wife is a very smart woman, to do you the "favor" of making the appointment! Yes, according to my DH, he has been after me for "years!" to get one done. His story, of course. He thinks it will be cool for both of us to need C-PAP machines. I just tell him "You're goofy!" However, it is needed, it is needed, and I'll adjust.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday!

Good morning from an overcast SoCal. Today is voting day, vote for governor and all that. I'm not very enthusiastic about the choices, I can tell you.

Happy birthday, Donna. I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy dinner out and amongst 'em.

Judy
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Heading to a tad warm 106 in Vegas today.

Haven't stayed at the Mirage for almost a decade, and it's looking really nice. Got in last night in time for a snack at Carnegie Deli. It doesn't have the ambience of the original in NYC, but I think the food is just as good.

Made some money last night, and then lost that "some money" last night along with some more Ya think at my age I'd learn to quit when I'm up.
Ya sure! :-D

Happy BD wishes to RD, and happy to hear Darlene is doing better.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 8th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I'm posting late today. Like RD it is also Betty's birthday and we had an early morning breakfast celebration. The grandkids and I (yes, they got to spend an extra day with grandpa and grandma) made grandma breakfast and we served it to her in bed. The hardest part was my grandson running upstairs, about ten times, telling grandma she couldn't come out of the bedroom.

Cooking with two kids is fun but about five times more messy than doing it yourself. :-D

To all of you who have sleep apnea, or your bed partner says you do, get tested. You don't know how hard it is on your health and your relationship. Even if you initially "hate" the machine give it a real chance and you will see a world of difference in your health and you will actually wake up feeling refreshed. It made a world of difference for me the first time I used it. Betty went as far as video taping me to show me how bad I was.

I don't use my machine like I used to. Dropping 25 pounds made a big difference and I no longer stop breathing when sleeping but there are still times, when my snoring is too loud for her, that Betty tells me to put it on.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and I hope all who aren't feeling too great get to feeling better soon.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Good advice Mike! a pacemaker has made a difference too!

donna