Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Captain

Default Hello Tuesday

Good Morning All

Yes it is Tuesday....Again and time for me to go back to work. After taking yesterday off due to Kidney Stones it is time to suck it up and go back to work.

Hope y'all have a great day and prayers to all in need.

Have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

Whenever there is happiness
Hope you'll be there too,
Wherever there are friendly smiles
Hope they'll smile on you,
Whenever there is sunshine,
Hope it shine especially for you to make each day
for you as bright as it can be.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Irish, and others to follow. Sure hope you are feeling well soon! Thats very painful!

Bright sunshine again, and it is cold, but I can deal with that when we have such bright days,it gets warmer every day.

Hospital day for me, today, tomorrow and Friday! Thursday Chemo for my mother. So, this is a hospital week for sure!

The new house, looks a mess but we have at the same time done an awful lot!

My mother kept trying to connect for the internet, but it woukld not work, she asked me to fix it, I told her, she just has to move the mouse and she is "connected"...........she is on high speed now, there is no more dial up ! Oh did we laugh!

Have a great day every one.
Old April 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is not quite sunny yet, but supposed to be later, plus it will warm up a little. We may hit 10C today (50F)!

Irish, I admire your "sucking it up" to go back to work after kidney stones!
Shouldn't you be resting a little longer?

I am still off work, and this morning I have out head out early for yet another blood test to check my levels of coagulation. I'd also like to find out why I am suffering from a chronic stomachache, despite taking another medication to protect the stomach!

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

donna
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

No sun here yet, but I here promises of 53 later today 0 the breeze is almost non-existant today, so perhaps it will be almost enjoyable today.

Yesterday we went car shopping - and it was getting very frustrating.
Because my daughter is so short it is very hard to fit her into a car - in most cars if you move the seat to the place she can reach the pedals the the stearing wheel is to close to her chest - which to me is too dangerous. Also I don't like the idea of her having to need a pillow or other cushion behind her. So then the cars she fits in are the very small ones - but only the ones where you can adjust the seat to tilt down.
The small ones just don't seem safe in a accident.
Finally as we were driving the back roads to get to the next larger city in our area, we stumbled upon a car lot in "podunkville".

We found a Pontiac Sunfire - it had been in an accident - and rebuilt - in this car the accident only required replacement of the airbags and a radiator - the fender on one side had to be repainted, an the hood is just about a centimeter from being flat when it shuts (only my husband noticed this and he can easily fix it). Also it needed a fuse for the cigarette lighter - so she can charge her cell phone. My husband the mechanic, was able to check under the hood and the frame and all the under workings of the car. Soon it will need a new muffler.
We were able to get it for 2,900 - it had 34,000 miles on it.
While it is still very small - it is more car than the other two cars that we found that fit her - the Hyundai Accent and the Chevy Aevio (sp). They really just scared me - but I could be over exaggerating.
At least that is done - and for awhile. Because of the low mileage and the fact there is no rust anywhere on it, it should last a long time.

Last night - my dd went to a friends house. When she came home just a little after ten and came in the house she all of a sudden started yelling to us - we ran down stairs - 3 bears right outside the window - somehow she never saw them when she came in - she was only maybe 30 feet from the momma and two cubs when she came in the house. It took me a couple hours to fall back asleep. I knew there were bears in the area - but had never seen them....now I am a little panicked about when I bring my little doggie out before I go to bed. I went early last night about 9:30. But am usually out there with him on his leash between 10 and 11.

When I did get back to sleep I was dreaming, but I heard a wierd noise - I sort of knew what it was, but I wanted to keep sleeping. Then dh asked if I could hear it and I said yes. So I went downstairs. It was an awful squealing. I knew it involved a racoon - an angry racoon - I wasn't sure if he was fighting with another racoon or my neighbors cat. It was right under my dining room window - two racoons brawling. I banged on the windows and the seperated for a minute, then started attacking each other. Then I yelled at them and one ran off. The other just sort of stood there. After a minute it limped off. It seemed like one of his hind legs had been injured. But I wasn't about to go out and find out.
So - all in all it was a short night.

Today it is off to work. Lots to do there. Then I need to go to the hospital for some bloodwork and xrays. Hoping now that I am not sharing a car, that I can get to pool therapy. Lots to do here at home too. I am rather overwhelmed at this point. So much needs attention, and so many people need my attention, yet because of my health problems at this time I am unable to take care of it all and everyone and I feel incredible sorry for that - and guilty, I will admit.

Delft - Hoping your days slow down sometime soon. Your sister so reminds me of one of my dearest friends sister. She too is slow - but not too slow, which I believe is very hard, because they are so much more aware of their limitations. My friend and her sister/family all live in a small town in New Brunswick. And Brenda, the sister that is much like your sister, keeps them all going all the time. Brenda is on Facebook and found me. Now she waits for me everynight to chat with her - so for anywhere from one to two hours yuou can find me chatting with her on facebook. It is draining - but I know that it gives the family a break. And I think it helps her to hear some of the same cautions her family gives her, from an outside source. I know, too that it helps the family - gives them a break, whenever I am online with her - so I do it gladly - as I love them all so much. She is anxiously awaiting me to come visit sometime soon. I hope to get ther in early June.
You are such a blessing to your sister and mother. I pray for you often

Mike - reading your post yesterday made me think that instead of spring fever you and your sil have "cruise fever". Enjoy every minute!

RD -- wishing you well today as you have your test. Truly hope that you find the cause of the stomach pain. I am so sorry. Hard to recouperate when you have additional problems to deal with.

Luanne - you are in my thoughts and prayers this morning.

Trip - hope all is well with you. Have you been beading?

BW - I can't help but wonder what you have before you today - it is always a whirlwind of activities.

Todd - sorry to hear that Fran tires so. Prayers are with you both as well.

Granny - glad to see you are adjusting so well now that you are on your own. Hoping that you gain strength every day.

Sending only the very best of thoughts to all the Mates today...hope you each have something special come into your life at some moment today - a pretty scene - a kind word - a smile - or hey - a large check in the mail, a cruise added to your countdown. Be it large and small I hope something comes your way to day that makes you smile and for at least a moment feel at peace and like all is well with the world. For you are some of the lovliest people I have come across.
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Well, finally we get to see the sun and some warmer temps today - maybe it will start drying out - it's so wet and muddy - will be glad when dh can get to the fields to start planting -

VTJenn - I do agree with you about the "small cars" and short people - I too am short and have to sit way up - I have a dodge truck but when prices of fuel sky-rocketed dh went out and bought a smaller more economic car and I drove it quite a bit - but after driving my big 'ol truck it took quite some time to get used to being in a smaller vehicle and I also worry (sometimes) about the airbags deploying - it is intimidating!!

I'll be gone from this afternoon until next Monday so I hope and pray that all the CM's on this thread take it easy and take care and I'm sending up prayers for all of you and your families -
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Top o' the mornin' to you Irish, Delft, RD, Jen and all who follow.

A line of thunderstorms look to be moving in but other than those, I think we'll have a few decent cloudy to partly cloudy days with highs creeping up through the sixties to the lower seventies.

Irish, I second Donna and think you should rest a little more before returning to work but I know you won't as neither would I.

Delft, am so glad you, your mother and sister are now ensconced in your new home. There is a special place in Heaven for caring folks such as you. I firmly believe that.

Jen, I'm sure you're so relieved about the new car! One thing I MOST STRONGLY URGE you to check that is becoming epidemic in this country and that is to insure the deployed airbags have been properly replaced. I've read numerous articles and consumer alerts wherein it's been stated that proper air bag replacement is an extremely difficult not to mention extremely time consuming procedure (don't quote me on this but I believe it takes more than several hours to accomplish) and is beyond the ability of the average mechanic. As a result, deployed airbags are either incorrectly replaced or even just folded up and replaced to appear as though they have been properly repacked.

Just to be on the safe side, unless your husband of course knows how to detect whether or not they've been properly replaced, strongly suggest you take the car to your local Pontiace Dealer to at least insure the airbags have been properly installed.

Granny, let me throw in my two cents as well about how pleased we all are that you're once again up and running around. It must give you such a sense of freedom.

Prayers of course for those on the list as well as Blessings on each and everyone of my fellow cruisemates.

Todd
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

ToddDH - yes I believe he did that yesterday - he drove the car home, as dd and I had to make a pitstop at JC Penney's as we were in the general area and was better to go then, than make a seperate trip. He was going to do a check and stuff - and go to police station to do a crimanal check and so on...I will double check with him.

Also - I forgot to give Irish a shout out - hoping you feel better soon. Those kidney stones are the worst. Please rest!
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I checked in and read everyone's posts yesterday morning but ran out of time and never had enough time to sit down and post. Got up early sent d/h out the door, got the kids up, dropped them at the sitter and went to see a new physical therapist. Wow! what a difference. She spent over an hour and a half evaluating and working on me. Did some ultrasound therapy, and the other stuff and then taped my feet and legs to offer a little more support. I felt some major relief. I go back on Thursday. Then got back home around 1:30. My friend was here waiting on me. She came in and worked on the house with me and spent 3.5 hours working in d/d's room organizing, cleaning and pitching old stuff that d/d doesn't need anymore. My friend is coming back on tomorrow to do d/s's room. She is much better at organizing and pitching the kids old stuff than I am glad to have the help. So really I need to really clean the floors and bathrooms, Do the outside of the windows, shampoo the carpets in the sunroom and kid's bedroom, declutterize the tops of the china cabinets, and clean off my desk. Then I need to get out and clean the fifth wheel which will be living quarters for the inlaws while they visit. Luckily it is in pretty good shape, it just needs vacuumed, wiped down, dusted and dewinterized from sitting all winter. We'll stock it with nice things like a few bottles of wine and soda so they can enjoy a relaxing time out there. I hope they like it. I would!

After my girflriend left yesterday I went and picked up the kids, my sis came over to babysit and we went out to dinner in Urbana at a great place, We had such a nice time! The company was terrific and so was the food.

Today I have the morning free to hang with the kids doing school stuff and cleaning. Then this afternoon I am off to yet another Doctor's appointment, just routine yearly stuff. I am overdue to get done, so it is good to have it done now. I am so thankful for our new insurance.

Should be kind of yucky weather today rainy and overcast. But tomorrow should be much better. I am looking forward to that. I think we've had enough april showers already!

Looks like you guys have all been very busy fighting bears, raccoons, kidney stones, car shopping and a flurry of activity. I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and my thoughts and prayers will go with you, as you attack the day, before it attacks you.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a beautiful, cool Texas. I love this time of year, because the windows can be opened for some much needed fresh air.

It feels like this will be one of my good days, which will be two in a row. Yesterday was spent cleaning, before we leave for Little Rock on Sunday.

I hope you all have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

There seems to be a Drs. theme running through this thread, so, I will add my 2 cents...Yesterday, I went to the Dr. and I was like a limp dishrag all day Taking pills as big as volkswagons! I didn't want to move off the bed, so I didn't.....today I have no choice, because I watch the kids....

Jen, I really haven't been beading lately, because of not knowing if my store is staying, closing, moving or what..I have enough stock, to stock a jewlery shop! But, in spite of that, I saw some designs, I need to try. A clothing rep I know, is going to help me get into some shops she sells too.I hope that works out, because if not, I will be the most baubled chikita ever!!!!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............what a way to end a great cruise........Larry & I both got sick........I got sick the last day of the cruise & I nicely gave it to Larry about 3 days later........both feeling better now....hopefully will be 100% real soon........

I've missed so much I'll just send out thoughts & prayers to y'all.......

Sharon
Old April 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Doing well on my own - the washing machine is going full throtle but I miss the assistance of my home health aide who lived to do daily laundry.

Busy week ahead - must attend a wake today but dear friends came back to NY from S. Carolina to attend the funeral, so we will see them today and then plan to go out to dinner tomorrow night as they are leaving on Thursday to go back home. Have to get the younger granddaughter off the school bus on Thursday as the older one is suffering terribly with spring allergies this year and has an appointment with her allergist to see what can be done to get her through this tree and grass pollen season.

Friday night will be the piano recital for the oldest granddaughter. She is very much into the "arts" loves to sing, play piano and is a phenominal tap dancer. I might get that Rockette yet in years to come.

Saturday will be spent at the youngest granddaughter's soccer game. This week there is a conflict as both girls are playing at the same time but at different locations. As my son in law is participating in the Knights of Columbus annual golf outing, someone has to be at each game. I really enjoy watching the little ones. My youngest granddaughter is very athletic and really loves soccer.

I thought I wouldn't have much on my agenda this week, but somehow or another, things crop up. I'm starting to sound like all the other posters on this forum who seem to lead very busy lives.

Good Tuesday to all you cruisers.

Leyla from Long Island
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Morning gang,,
It's been a busy week so far,,,we have had company down from Michigan for Easter,,,but they left this a.m. so now we can try to get back to normal.

Wow I too went to the Dr. this a.m. My blood pressure has been thru the roof lately so he is trying to get it regulated.

I am counting down to my land cruise to St. Maarten,,,,woo woo !! I'll relax then for sure.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,,
Prayers to those in need,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old April 14th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from cloudy, Virginia Beach. It rained this morning while I was at the gym but, it stopped when I had finished exercizing. After the gym I went to T.J. Maxx and bought a larger carry on bag for the cruise. Then it was on to the supermarket to buy some last minute essentials to carry us over until we leave next Friday. Delft, my thoughts go out to you and your mom. Glad to hear that the house is coming along. Yes, it does take time and it can be messy for quiite awhile. Todd, I am glad that you found a car for your daughter. Being a tad over 5"1", it can be difficult to find a car that is comfortable. Hours are less at work but I am eternally greatful to still have a job. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates enjoy your day!
Old April 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Balabusta,

I think you're referring to VTJen's daughter getting a car. Were I to have bought a car for my daughter, Fran would have probably gone into a coma for such a huge financial expenditure for a daughter she didn't know about!

Todd
Old April 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Default Hello Tuesday

Here I am bringing up the rear! I was in the medical brigade as well, having routine blood tests this morning. Then the day just got away from me.

No racoons and bears, but we do have a new family of feral cats. The four kittens are fun to watch.

It's off to Norm's for lunch. We will share their huge hamburger. DWTS is on tonight. I went on Chat last night, and there was noone there.

Have a good day!

Judy