Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Page 3.. Freedom Final Thoughts

The ship is decorated in soft tones, and light woods, for the most part. Lots of seating done in comfy ultra suede. The Champagne bar is done in soft tones, with a zen like atmosphere. The Japanese style round windows there, are beautiful, but sadly look out onto the lifeboats.

The dining room is certainly impressive, 3 stories, to me, looking like victorian decor...nice spacing between tables...The menu looked to be a temporary one....certainly not the stlye of a fine dining room..Not much interested me, so I ordered a chicken dish...it was sooo spicy, my eyes watered. A dish, I was surprised that would be offered to the masses, that had such a kick. Service was very good... dinner was at 8:45, way to late for us.

Saturday was formal night, and the media was invited to a cocktail party in the Viking Crown lounge. Lots of goodies to munch on, and my new favorite drink..the martini! We then went down to Portofino's, where we enjoyed dinner with a lively group, for a nice night.

The internet area, has about 25 computers, not enough I think for the Freedom population. The service started off very slow, got better, but was still not what I would have expected. I hope things change, but have patience. The Library was fully stocked, and a comfortable area.

While I certainly don't discount ever sailing this class, I felt a bit overwhelmed by the sheer scale of the ship. In high season, I am sure the lines we had will be magnified by many, and I just sense this will be a popular family and younger crowd ship, and they will all absolutley fall in love with the endless activities, and high tech play.

I was thrilled to sail her and have the opportunity to see it all

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Captain

I always enjoy reading about the ships and your thoughts echo what I probably would think, too.

I don't really have a desire to sail on the "new" biggies but I like to see pictures and read what people have to say about them.

I've always been more of a small ship person but I never completely rule out a particular ship or class of ships because I just might decide to try it one day!
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Thanks Trip for sharing. I also always enjoy the ship through your eyes.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Yeoman

Default Part 3 Freedom, Final Thoughts

When we sailed Voyager a few years ago, I thought it was awesome. Surely, that would be the largest ever built and now we have Freedom. We aren't in any hurry to book Freedom, but looking forward to reviews. Thanks for your insight, Trip.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07