Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Default Thinking about booking a cruise..?Cruise Compete

We(2 adults,2kids) are thinking about booking the exact cruise as last time:Valor Western Caribb. on Dec.10, 2006 IS Quad Guarantee. I have received some good prices on the Cruise Compete feature here at CruiseMates. I have also contacted our previous online agency-agent and a few others. The Cruise Compete feature says all taxes, handling & any agency fees,etc. is included.
Can anyone help me think of any other questions I should ask before booking??? (I would really prefer the agency mail my tickets-last time we were pier-pickup and it turned into a bit of a hassle.)
I realize I will have to look into Cancellation Insurance etc. to get that right away when I do book the cruise.
Plus I may not book this Wed/Thurs during the Carnival upgrade sale as I 'figure' I may not get any other upgrades when it comes time to place us in our Guarantee room close to sailing date!
Thanks for any help/ideas. Please PM me if you have an agent you think I should try. From Brenda in Vancouver
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Cruise Compete works great! I've used it for my last two or three cruise bookings, plus several folks I work with have used them as well, with excellent results. Unless you are booking really close to the sail date, I can't imagine why your tickets and documents wouldn't be mailed to you. Once again, just ask the agent you book with about this, and I'm sure arrangements can be made. To reiterate, Cruise Compete has been my "new best friend" lately.
See you aboard,
Ken
Old October 4th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Brenda, if you are booking a cruise for Dec. 06, why not join the rest of us on the Cruise of the Century?
I know the Valor is a beautiful ship, but like I told my husband, I don't want to do the same ship twice until I've tried all of them!

donna
Old October 5th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Admiral

RD- I definitely would love to meet up with all of you CruiseMates, but we loved our last cruise(itinerary,ship,price is very good at the beginning of Dec.). One day.....it will be a CM cruise hopefully!