Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default I managed to lose 1/2 a pound

Did a "weigh in" this morning to see what results the 12 day cruise had on my "diet".

While I didn't lose any more real weight... I'm happy to say I didn't gain any either.

I didn't adhere strictly to the non carb diet I was on, but I did restrict my glutony <G>
I ate a bit of bread, and Celeb's yummy bread sticks at dinner... and had a taste of the potatoes on my plate. But stayed only with the sugar free deserts.

I used the stairs the majority of the time, and did a lot of walking in ports of call.

Enjoyed, in kind of an odd way, that my dress clothes looked borrowed from a larger guy. Seems a fair bit of the weight I'd lost was from my shoulder and chest area, leaving my tux and sports jacket, hanging... they became 6 inches too long <G>

It was fun in Copenhagen to see a nice leather sports jacket on sale in a store, and being able to buy it "off the rack" without hunting for the XXL section.

One very interesting thing of note on this sailing. The passenger mix was very heavily English and European... and though smoking was definately more noticably prevelant, so to was the fact they seemed much leaner as well.
Just maybe our North American diet and eating habits are not as "healthy" for us in general as some of our other "health and lifestyle concerns".

Old June 15th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: I managed to lose 1/2 a pound

Good for you! Yes, europeans are fitter and leaner but they smoke. You go figure
Old June 15th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh Moose Man,
Congrats to you, I know that had to be difficult...Great job!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 15th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Those bread sticks on Celebrity will get you every time!! 1/2 a pound is better than gaining. you did well. sounds like its time to hit the sales racks!
Old June 15th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Must have burned up all those calories just trying to stay warm. Can't wait for the whole story.. (by the way, I get a whole basket of Celebrity's breadsticks put on the table every night).
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:30 PM
hydro-terp

I got off suger a couple years ago and havent looked back. I dropped like 15 pounds just switching to diet soda. I didnt gain any on the last cruise either and that was with my normal beer intake. Suger for beer is an easy trade for me. 8^)
Old June 16th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Was that a metric scale you used ...

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006