Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Default Special Cabins (Poll)

I think it would be fun to share little secrets about certain cabins on certain ships that are perhaps larger than normal or have extra large balconies. Here are two to start the list:

I love the cabin L500 on the Veendam. It has to be one of the largest inside cabins afloat. It's as big or bigger than many suites.

I also love mini suites D732, D733, E728 and E729 on the Golden Grand and the Star Princess ships. These balconies are larger than a lot of patios that people may have on their homes when they are land cruising. We accidentally got one of these as a "guarantee" and we're now booked in E728 on our '04 So. Caribbean cruise on the Golden. It had room for two lounge chairs, four regular chairs and a dining table.

The huge decks don't show up on the maps of these Princess ships but they actually continue and wrap around a portion of the support structure for the fugly disco spoiler way up on top.

Will anybody else share their secret cabin. I promise NOT to tell. ;-)

Post Edited (10-11-03 12:02)
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Special Cabins (Poll)

Unfortunately, the only really "special" cabin we've been in (other than suites) was on the currently-out-of-service SS Norway. On the Norway and Viking decks are the former first-class cabins of the transatlantic days.
These cabins are truly huge, bigger than any suite I've ever seen. And they're priced as deluxe outside cabins. We were in N-131 last January, a 324 sq. ft. outside cabin with 2 bathrooms (one with a bidet), a beautiful mirrored dressing table and loads of storage space. And some of these cabins have even more space than ours, up to 350 sq. ft! Ours was definitely a special cabin on a very special ship. Let's hope she returns soon.

Jack

Norwegian Dream
Baltic Sea, Aug.'04

Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old October 10th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Admiral

On Holland America's Maasdam, on our honeymoon, we met many other honeymooning couples at a Captain's Cocktail party, and were invited by one of them to their #1 Penthouse Suite. I have never seen anything like it before or since, and probably never will, unless of course, as a visitor again. Nice to see how the "other half" lives! Me, I'm happy with my little balcony cabin. Or not, just a cabin on any cruise ship would make me happy!

donna

Old October 11th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

The handicapped balcony cabins on Star Princess are huge compared to a standard balcony cabin -- much wider. And the bathroom is comparable to the size of the mini-suites. One of our group lucked onto one as an upgrade.

Harry