Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Question Dining when coming back from excursion

It has just dawned on me that we have "early seating". we will not be back from several of our excursions until 7:00 p.m. or later.. Yes, I know my option is to eat at the buffet, but I do not find that acceptable, nor do I want to pay for the "charge" restaurants (already have reservations for two). Should I change to "anytime/select" or see what the ship is going to offer.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Admiral

We always book anytime dining for that reason.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
It has just dawned on me that we have "early seating". we will not be back from several of our excursions until 7:00 p.m. or later.. Yes, I know my option is to eat at the buffet, but I do not find that acceptable, nor do I want to pay for the "charge" restaurants (already have reservations for two). Should I change to "anytime/select" or see what the ship is going to offer.
I would suggest you change to either late dining or Select. Also, be advised Celebrity does not have a buffet for dinner.
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Default Select

Thank you, I'm having my travel agent try to do it tomorrow... The idea of going down to the dining room in touring clothes and dirty does not appeal to me.thank you
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I would change to second seating, as that will give you time to freshen up when you return from your excursions.

Norm.
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Admiral

Default Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
Parrot Mom,

I would change to second seating, as that will give you time to freshen up when you return from your excursions.

Norm.

Hi Norm.

We have changed to Select dining, will give us a chance to wash up and be properly dressed and schmooze and meet other Elite passengers..Wonder if we can join a large table.. Also understand that dining upstairs in the Select area is much less chaotic than the MDR not to mention overlooking the scene
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
We have changed to Select dining, will give us a chance to wash up and be properly dressed and schmooze and meet other Elite passengers..Wonder if we can join a large table.. Also understand that dining upstairs in the Select area is much less chaotic than the MDR not to mention overlooking the scene
Actually, I think that the "Select Dining" area probably will be more chaotic because passengers at other tables are constantly coming and going during your meal. At least, that was my experience when I once got stuck with "Anytime Dining" on a Princess cruise, which is why I vowed never to do that arrangement again.

Norm.
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Default Trying it at least once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
Parrot Mom,

Actually, I think that the "Select Dining" area probably will be more chaotic because passengers at other tables are constantly coming and going during your meal. At least, that was my experience when I once got stuck with "Anytime Dining" on a Princess cruise, which is why I vowed never to do that arrangement again.

Norm.
Well Norm, going to give it the good old fashioned try.. at least once.. Will let you know..
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Familiar Face

Parrot Mom.... is there an extra charge for select dining? I'm trying to figure this out.... My TA said it's 11.50 pp per night... doesn't sound right...
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Default Select

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchurdiet View Post
Parrot Mom.... is there an extra charge for select dining? I'm trying to figure this out.... My TA said it's 11.50 pp per night... doesn't sound right...

No, there isn't... what you do is PRE-PAY your tips for the waiter,bus boy, etc.. Your travel agent doesn't have any clue about Select Dining.. find a more experienced one
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
No, there isn't... what you do is PRE-PAY your tips for the waiter,bus boy, etc.. Your travel agent doesn't have any clue about Select Dining.. find a more experienced one

Thanks Parrot Mom.... I'm going to get on this first thing tomorrow...