Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:26 PM
First Mate

Default The Punchliner Comedy Club

Cruised last week on Carnival Dream (see review thread). I wanted to discuss the Punchliner Comedy Club as an additional review. We attended the club for an adult comedy show. The comedian, Tony Esposito, was extremely funny and delivered his act very professionally. Although it was an adult show, his brand of comedy is not raunchy, not particularly sexually oriented and his language was rather tame. There was of course some profanity mixed in but after all it was an adult show. We saw only this show as we were doing other things but throughly enjoyed it.

However, the Punchliner Brunch in the main dining room was a dismal disappointment. The comedian, a country western type was on for only 5 minutes. Enough said about that.

It also seems, at least to us, that the menu items with the same as a normal dining room breakfast with some fancied up names. The food was good but nothing out of the ordinary. Most items were renamed with Spanish titles but esentially were your normal breakfast food: eggs benedict, lox and bagels, pancakes, etc. It was nice though to be able to have a morning drink, screwdriver, bloody mary and the like, with breakfast.

Please don't take this as a really negative isue. It was to us just not as good as it was hyped to be.

And as I said this was our opinion and you may differ with it. After all that's what life is all about.

And oh yes, the service for the brunch was 200% better than the dinner service. Maybe not as many folks?

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I agree with both of your points. I greatly enjoyed Punchliner Comedy clubs on Liberty and on the Breeze. I did find one comedian, on the Liberty, too vulgar even for me. If you knew me you would know that it has to be pretty vulgar to bother me.

The Comedy Brunch is nothing really too special. It does pull more people from the Lido on Sea Days and that helps the congestion. I have gone to the brunch twice and the first was just as you described. Standard breakfast menu and five minutes of mediocre comedy. The second time, on Breeze, I found nothing I wanted to eat and we left.

Some people like it but I would prefer either a full brunch atmosphere or a standard dining room breakfast.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me