CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Any thoughts on Carnival Freedom? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381616-any-thoughts-carnival-freedom.html)

Julia2011 March 31st, 2011 08:36 PM

Any thoughts on Carnival Freedom?

I am having a hard time deciding on which ship to choose for Spring 2012. Any feedback on the Freedom?
The Southern Caribbean would be awesome but how is the ship?

Thanks

Trip March 31st, 2011 08:58 PM

We thoroughly enjoyed our Freedom cruise...the food and the company in the MDR was so good, we cancelled our supper club reservation. Loved the entertainment as well.

I adore the eastern/southern itinerary, so that's a bonus..:)

green_rd April 1st, 2011 08:14 AM

We sailed Freedom in February, she was a beautiful ship in great shape. The food was excellent. We particularly enjoyed hanging out in the piano bar.

GaryI April 2nd, 2011 01:03 PM

I agree with everyone else. We were on her in Dec. We will be on her again in Sept. Did a 6 day in Dec., but will do an eight day to the canal. We enjoyed the dinning room, and had the best service we have had to date. It was my wife's B-Day and they went out of their way to show her a good time. I believe it is now our favorite ship.
You can't go wrong with the Freedom.
Enjoy
Gary n Rox

onlycruises April 7th, 2011 01:31 PM

Cabin 7208 & 7212 on Carnival Freedom???

We are booked on Carnival Freedom this summer on the Upper Deck right above the 70's disco. At the time these were the cabins we were assigned. They are two cabins side by side. We always travel in connecting cabins but this was not an option when we booked.

No two cabins on the Empress Deck have opened up. Theyare connecting which is what we wanted because of our children. However, I have read that there are some concerns with cabin 7208, in particular. I read a complaint about the extended overhand due to the bridge. For me, this is not so much an issue as I do not plan to sunbathe on the balcony. I kind of like the idea of the balcony not being so sunny and a bit on the shady side.

However, noise is my problem. I like to relax and also get a good nights sleep. Does anyone know if there is a problem with noise in cabin 7208. If there is then maybe we should just stay witht he cabins we already have.

Confused, please help!!!

GaryI April 7th, 2011 06:42 PM

I will tell you that the 7208 cabins will be much quieter than the ones above the 70's dance club. We we on her in Dec. and spent some time in the club. It is wild, and loud till very late. We were on Empress deck then. In Sept. we are on Veranda deck. I would go with the forward rooms, as there will be little traffic in that area, and you have cabins above and below you.
Just my opinion.
Enjoy whatever you decide.
Gary I.

gingersnap October 10th, 2012 11:59 AM

Taking Mom on a cruise on the Freedom, 6 days to Carribean leaving October 28, 2012 out of Fort Lauderdale.....

mehawk October 10th, 2012 12:24 PM

We did the inaugural USA cruise and enjoyed being on her. Had nothing but good times.

openwater October 11th, 2012 09:14 PM

We love the Freedom. We sailed her in 2009. The Fish 'n Chips is great and we loved our dinners in the main dining room every night. Our kids had a blast on the water slide. We have booked a second cruise on Freedom this Christmas.
I think Freedom is the perfect size. We've been on smaller ships and also on Carnival Dream. We enjoyed the Dream, but it was too big for my taste.

ams05 October 14th, 2012 08:28 PM

I sailed the Carnival Freedom in 2009. The ship itself was beautiful and there was always something going on. Had a bad experience in MDR the first night with unpleasant waiters. Someone in my group of 15 informed the maitre d' of the situation and the next night we were moved to a new table with a new set of wait staff who were absolutely wonderful. The piano bar is a great place to spend your nights.

Aerogirl October 14th, 2012 11:10 PM

Sailed her November of 2011 and loved her! I haven't been on a lot a cruises but have sailed 3 Carnival ships and so far Freedom was the best. Love, love the Freedom! Go for it!