Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Passenger

Default ANYBODY ELSE HAVE TO PRINT OFF ALL YOUR DOCUMENT?

we booked our March 8th cruise on Carnival Freedom through Vacations to Go. When we inquired about the necessary papers (boarding pass, luggage tags, etc) we were told we'd need to print them out from Carnival's online site. !! I'm having major problems printing out the FUNPASS section which I'm told is required by Homeland Security. I complete it down to a certain point and there's no way to "page down" or "scroll down" to get the rest of the form. I've tried everything I know. I have no options to change the size of the page (percentage). I'm getting very frustrated and thinking I should not be having to do all the work as far as printing all documents. I have two computers here, laptop and desktop. I have an optiion to reduce the page in order to make the entire form visible on my laptop but when I do that, the print is so small it's impossible to read it.
Anybody else had this experience?
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

No..but call Carnival tomorrow AM and they have a specialized team that will help you with the Fun Pass stuff. Funny thing is, they just glanced at mine, marked it and that was it. I had everything printed out and in a neat little folder....

Old February 18th, 2009, 08:29 AM
First Mate

If you are using Firefox you need to go Internet Explorer and try it with that. Some functions on the website only work with IE.

"I'm having major problems printing out the FUNPASS section which I'm told is required by Homeland Security"

If you can print it even small... then print it, scan it, and blow it up, then print again.

The only part that is necessary is the actual part that is blue... if you can get it on your screen then hit the "print screen" button.

If all else fails email me:
rentabob at bellsouth dot net and I will try to walk you through it....
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

If all else fails try going to the Public Library and printing the document. I have had to resort to that before. The only thing I ever print is the Fun Pass and luggage tags. 8)
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:30 AM
First Mate

I just went thtrough this with Holland America. First I don't recall this being a Homeland Security issue or requirement. It is nothing more than the cruise industry making you do some of the work and absorbing some of their cost. Kind of like bagging your own groceries at the grocery check out. I ended up calling H/A and the first person I got gave me the run around and said for me to call back the next day as it was their software. Not true---I called another operator immediatley and she walked me through the process in 30 seconds. I ended up having an incorrect entry in one of the boxes therefore the H/A site would not let me print. I thought I checked that box a dozen times, howver it was really my fault.
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbelt
I just went thtrough this with Holland America. First I don't recall this being a Homeland Security issue or requirement. It is nothing more than the cruise industry making you do some of the work and absorbing some of their cost. Kind of like bagging your own groceries at the grocery check out. I ended up calling H/A and the first person I got gave me the run around and said for me to call back the next day as it was their software. Not true---I called another operator immediatley and she walked me through the process in 30 seconds. I ended up having an incorrect entry in one of the boxes therefore the H/A site would not let me print. I thought I checked that box a dozen times, howver it was really my fault.
I think it makes it easier. There was a lady on the Estascy who did not do her FunPass before and she said it took her longer then it did her friend to be able to board. Like I said, they just looked at mine, marked it and I kept it. I think they just want to make sure that you have compelted it. To me, its not a big deal. What ever makes my wait less and gets me on that ship is fine with me.

Old February 19th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Admiral

It's a sign of the times. The whole world assumes that everyone on the planet is a savvy computer whiz.
While I have a computer, I'm NOT smart with everything.
I wonder what those without a home computer will do in the future. Many older folks can't understand computer logic, so they can't simply go purchase one and function on-line.
I think the cruise line should take that into consideration.

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
It's a sign of the times. The whole world assumes that everyone on the planet is a savvy computer whiz.
I wonder what those without a home computer will do in the future. Many older folks can't understand computer logic, so they can't simply go purchase one and function on-line.
I think you would be surprised as to the number of older folks who are internet and computer savy. I had tea with a lady named Selma on my last cruise, she was in her 80's and she was talking about checking her email and booking her next cruise. I was really shocked that she knew so much. Alot of these older people want to learn so they can keep up with what is going on in the world.

Old February 19th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Passenger

Default Don't like Edocs

My aunt is in an assisted living facility in our City. There are computers in the lounge area on every floor and residents are encouraged to use them. I've never seen anyone go near them in the four years she's been there. I agree there are some older folks who are computer savy but to most of them, computers are just a "new contraption" they don't care to learn.
Personally I think the edoc system makes cruising too commonplace and once this happens some of the excitement and grandeur is lost.
I want my cruise package tied neatly with a ribbon and delivered to me. There's always something exciting about that.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Just FYI, when you book, you can request that doc's be mailed to you like they used to do. Only thing is the travel agencies try to tack on a fee for express service once it gets to them. I merely said to forget express and just mail it. Still got it the next day.
I just hate the tedious process of printing everything out and love the excitement when the it's time for the doc dance!
Marty
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Passenger

Default Will book with a local travel agent next time. . .

colorcrazie,
wish I'd gotten your email before today. I just spent 2 hours on the phone today while they walked me through this online ordeal. (I had already spent several hours this week trying to get this done) I've had computers for 15 years and this is the first time I've never been able to figure out online form completion. We had some problems with it, even with the Carnival's support person guiding me through. Once we finally got it all done and I printed it off, I voiced my concern about the complication and asked if they couldn't have just mailed the documents to us. . . she said "yes, but you would have had to complete them and send them back and we'd have mailed them back to you". This would have been a breeze compared to what I've gone through to get these forms completed. I thought it odd that they never mentioned up front that these forms COULD be completed and mailed to us.
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

The fun pass is printed at the very end of all the data entry. The very end pricess give you two options, one to save, and one to print. If you are trying to print the screen that lists all your detail then you are at the wrong screen.

I have never had any problems at all with printing fun pass, even when I complete it months before my departure date...

Good luck.

PS--do print a complete copy of Edocs and bring it with you. I do suggest two copies if you are doing cruise air as there are two pages where there is information for hotel/transfer that they will need to take from you. At the very least, a second copy of the page with transfer information...

Personally, I print three copies, two go with me and one stays at home with my mom who lives with me so she has an idea where I am each day....ya, she still mothers us even though I will be 40 and my brother is 41...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Admiral

The others are correct in noting that you must be using Internet Explorer to print the necessary documents, and luggage tags. The only thing that is required is that you complete and print the FUN PASS. If you print the luggage tags it makes things easier, but you can get tags from the porters when you drop off your checked luggage. Once again, as stated above, when you finish filling out the Fun Pass, the very last thing to do is Print It!

Ken
"SKY"
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
I think you would be surprised as to the number of older folks who are internet and computer savy. I had tea with a lady named Selma on my last cruise, she was in her 80's and she was talking about checking her email and booking her next cruise. I was really shocked that she knew so much. Alot of these older people want to learn so they can keep up with what is going on in the world.
OK ! While I can't speak for all older people. Maybe it's simply the older people that I KNOW.

/ticker.png">
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Just FYI, when you book, you can request that doc's be mailed to you like they used to do. Only thing is the travel agencies try to tack on a fee for express service once it gets to them. I merely said to forget express and just mail it. Still got it the next day.
I just hate the tedious process of printing everything out and love the excitement when the it's time for the doc dance!
Marty
Interestingly enough, the paper documents I received were inferior to the on-line documents. After receiving my paper ones, I went online and printed them again. The luggage tags in particular were junk. The online tags were a vast improvement.

/ticker.png">