Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thoughts on Carnival Victory

This site is so helpful, we thought why not seek the advise of our fellow cruisers.

As I sit here in the aftermath of an April Nor 'easter in New York, I am researching our next vacation. We are currently booked for a cruise on the Liberty for this coming July. Now we are looking ahead.

We are looking to book a cruise for February 2008. We only sail Carnival. And the only requirement of my husband is that one of the ports must be St. Marteen.

To date we only see the Victory and the Glory stopping in this port of call.

We are leaning towards the Victory.

What do you think?

Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed either ship and what your thoughts are/experiences were.

Thank you all.

Safe sailing.

RCCL Freedom of the Seas 2/10
Carnival Legend 2/09
Carnival Victory 2/08
Carnival Liberty 7/07
Carnival Valor 4/06
Carnival Celebration 4/05
Carnival Sensation 4/04
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I sailed on the Victory in January of this year. I loved it, I had the time of my life. The food, entertainment, the ship, everything was amazing. Prior to that, I has not had a vacation for 15 years, you know how it is--debts get paid first and where there isn't anything left, you don't go anywhere for holidays. I had a cabin on Verandah deck extremely close to the central atrium elevators (Love those glass elevators!!!). We went West, so we got to see the new turtle farn, stringray city, and Hell...I didin't see much of Jamaica except Island Village and the pier.

I recommend the Victory, she is a beautiful ship, and she still has a lido deck stage for the band, at least she still does now, dunno if they will remove it like they did on the Triumph, the next ship I will be sailing on this September.
Old April 16th, 2007, 08:59 PM
First Mate

We have sailed on both. The Victory to Canada and the Glory to the Eastern Caribbean. Both are excellent ships. The Glory has a supper club and I thought the extra cost was worth it. The meal takes at least 2 to 2.5 hrs.and is unlike the main dining room. Both ships are decorated in the usual Carnival style . We sailed on both in 2004 and I can't say if the are equally maintained. As for myself I would sail on the Glory. Good luck and Happy Sailing
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old April 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Beginner

We just finished a 7 night cruise on the Victory. We had a great time! The food was excellent, the service was great. We had 23 in our party. I have no complaints and I would sail her again!