Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:41 AM
bab

Default food and drink off the ship

we are cruising on the victory june 5. i am wondering about food,fruit and drinks when we are off the boat. Is the fruit safe to eat in grand cayman, ocho rios and cozumel??? some of the excursions say there are resturants to have lunch and drinks. i just don't want to be sick for the rest of the cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM
PLR7496

Default Re: food and drink off the ship

I would say your best bet for food would be right on the port. There are so many places to eat. If you were to wonder downtown ( cozumel ) you may be taking a chance. We just got back from Grand Caymen and Cozumel. We did the buffet at Playa Mia Beach Club. I thought the food was nasty. The chicken looked funny to me. My husband got an upset stomach after.
Grand Caymen was very very clean. I wouldn't worry about the food there.
Hope this helps
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Bmaintz

At Cozumel they have a small beach (where the ships dock) with chairs where you could have a picnic.... There is music in the background from one of the restraunts.. I lounged there last cruise while my wife did her shopping..... Our cruise on the Conquest in Oct/Nov we plan on getting a few sandwhichs made, Glad bag them & put in a small cooler with our drinks..... This way you know what you are eating & the view is great..... Bob & Kathy
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Admiral

I got sick eating lunch in Cozumel last fall. The rest of my party had margaritas and I had bottle beer. They didn't get sick. We all shared appetizers and had different entree's for lunch.

I was sick, cramping for 3 days until I was able to get home to my doctor.

Regards,
Thomas