CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Azamara Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/azamara-cruises/)
-   -   Azamara price changes - refund demanded (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/azamara-cruises/392598-azamara-price-changes-refund-demanded.html)

pauli5500 October 20th, 2012 07:32 PM

Azamara price changes - refund demanded

Many of us booked a Europe 2013 Azamara cruise with the understanding, as written in their literature and online, that Azamara offers 50% off land tours to those passengers who book the tours online at least 4 months prior to their cruise date. The announcement also states that after the Spring of 2013, Azamara is discontinuing it's 50% discount. Amamara is unwilling to 'grandfather in' those of us who booked expecting the discount. I think it's unfair and I'm concerned that if Azamara does this, they're will chip away at other benefits as well. I've also learned that Azamara attempted to do a similar switch in 2011 but backed off after an uproar from passengers. In that case, they did not allow bookings for tours more than 4 months in advance and then, when tours were finally made available, discounts were denied as passengers were told they were too late! The Azamara cruise experience itself is wonderful but I regard their marketing process as somewhat seedy for the reasons I've listed.

Donna October 20th, 2012 08:13 PM

Oh, I agree, just bad business practice IMHO. I think they need to lengthen the time in order for cruisers that are booked, take advantage of the discount...That would get me pretty upset for sure...

Paul Motter November 6th, 2012 04:42 PM

I am really sorry to hear about this and I hope you will come back and give us an update.

dhowcruise November 10th, 2012 05:18 PM

I didnt feel it this much bad. Are you guys sure?

felix_the_cat November 18th, 2012 08:42 PM

Azamara is sticking to their new policies. No 50% but an "free" night excursion for all passengers at the same time for which you will br charged if you don't go or don't give them the required notice.

Liquor will now be included. However pricing has increased - a lot.

For those with future cruise booking, they may be cancelled if Azamara has been contacted by I believe Dec. 14/12.

felix_the_cat December 12th, 2012 01:15 PM

Azamara responded rather quickly to my request for cancellation of our open passage. I received a full refund.

pauli5500 December 16th, 2012 02:01 AM

Outcome

I cancelled based upon the manner in which those off us had been treated. In the end, I called Azamara and demanded a refund...the customer service rep just repeated over and over they would not waive the cancellation fee and I repeated over and over that I was entitled to a full refund since the reason I cancelled was Azamara's reneging on a benefit which had a $1000-#2000 cost...I informed her that I could no longer afford the cruise due to Azamara's action. My credit card company was prepared to try to assist. ..In the end, I got my full refund 'officially' from a management person who possibly was in agreement that Azamara's actions were unethical...if took me all of 5 minutes once I reached this person. I refuse to do with a corrupt, dishonest or unethical business of any kind. It's a shame the new leadership of Azamara thinks so little of it's past cruisers....

Paul Motter December 16th, 2012 10:34 AM

Interesting developments here. Glad you brought them up.

I have to get a clarification on their new liquor policy vs. old. They used to include beer & wine with suites and give you a set up of vodka and scotch.

What is the new policy?

felix_the_cat December 16th, 2012 01:08 PM

When we were on the Journey wine beer and pop were included with meals only.

The new changes have all liquor included all the time. No charge.

pauli5500 December 22nd, 2012 07:49 PM

Actually, it's not all liquor, it's standard liquor..The good stuff is premium and not included.