Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

This made a great article as you can see on our front page.

By the way - here is a new one: DISPOSABLE UNDERWEAR

OK, this may be more information than you need, but at my tender age (50s) I can't wear the skintight briefs I did when I was young. "My boys need a house" in the famous words of Kramer.

But my underwear is surprisingly bulky, because I like the boxer-briefs, all cotton. Anyway, you get seven or eight pairs of those in your suitcase and it is pretty sizable amount of room.

How much would you pay to have that extra suitcase space back at the end of your cruise? How about less than 75-cents/pair? Here you go...

YO!BRIEF DISPOSABLE BRIEFS

Yo!Brief Disposable Briefs $3.50 per package of 5

Made of extra soft polypropylene, Yo!Brief disposable underwear briefs for men feature a convenient front opening and elastic leg openings. 1/2" wide elastic waistband ensures a snug and comfortable fit. Every package contains 5 white individually wrapped briefs.

Quality, comfort, and convenience in a neat little package (about the size of a postcard).

Nevermind laundry-wear & discard!

Wear while traveling, camping, before or after a workout, hospital stays, dorm stays, spa visits-Perfect for everyday.

Handy whenever laundry is past due-Or just keep as backup in your gym locker or gym bag.

Why polypropylene?
Polypropylene is a modern synthetic performance fabric. It is widely recognized for its ability to wick away perspiration and moisture, keeping you dry - and comfortable.

Polypropylene is commonly used to produce activewear & sportswear, socks, and thermal underwear. Benefits include:

• Very rapid drying
• Wicking properties help to warm in cold weather and cool in hot climates
• Odor resistant
• Stain and mildew resistant
• Strong and durable
• Very lightweight and comfortable

package of five: $3.50 (plus shipping). They have products for ladies, too.

http://www.dnaproductsonline.com/web...t?product=3433
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Admiral

I don't know if anyone posted this or not

Putting a lamp on a timer while gone from your home and on the cruise. Make sure it is going on and off as it would while you are home.

I have one upstairs and downstairs. They are on a different time schedule.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Captain

Use you cell phone or digital camera to photograph your luggage at the airport. In the event of loss or damage you have proof.

If you are using a guide book and only need a small portion of the info, photocopy it and leave the heavy book at home.
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:02 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

I take a small notebook so I can remember what/where we are each day.
Helps with the photo identification when putting my albums together at home. I also get perscription diarrehea med from our DR before leaving home. My poor DH was quarentined to our cabin for 3 days as we had to
see the ship's doctor. I wish there was a way to streamline our medications - DH takes about 15 each day and all those pesky bottles are
a pain.
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrie Platt
Helps with the photo identification when putting my albums together at home. I also get perscription diarrehea med from our DR before leaving home. My poor DH was quarentined to our cabin for 3 days as we had to
see the ship's doctor. I wish there was a way to streamline our medications - DH takes about 15 each day and all those pesky bottles are
a pain.
Sherri - you can get a 7 day pill organizer to pack his meds and not take all the bottles with you. the pharmacist can print out extra labels for every prescribed medicine he takes and can also print a sheet that shows the picture and description of each pill. As long as you have the extra labels and the description, you should not need every bottle of pills. While I don't take a lot of meds, I made sure that I had extra labels printed out for my inhalers so I could attach them to the actual canister instead of having to bring all the boxes with the labels.

The extra labels will also help in case you need to call the doctor or pharmacist while you are away from home.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Captain

Leave a photo copy of the first pages of your passport with a friend or relative who has a fax machine or scanner in case you lose yours. If you are taking your laptop, scan the pages into a document in the laptop and save it under a password protected filename. This also works well with credit card numbers and prescription meds that you might need to access while traveling. Just be sure to password protect these files.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
Quote:
a pain.
Sherri - you can get a 7 day pill organizer to pack his meds and not take all the bottles with you. the pharmacist can print out extra labels for every prescribed medicine he takes and can also print a sheet that shows the picture and description of each pill. As long as you have the extra labels and the description, you should not need every bottle of pills. While I don't take a lot of meds, I made sure that I had extra labels printed out for my inhalers so I could attach them to the actual canister instead of having to bring all the boxes with the labels.

The extra labels will also help in case you need to call the doctor or pharmacist while you are away from home.
We are traveling out of the country (South America) - as I don't know about the different drug laws - wouldn't it be safer to take the actual
bottles?? (I like your idea but can't afford for my DH's meds to be confisicated.)
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
Quote:
a pain.

We are traveling out of the country (South America) - as I don't know about the different drug laws - wouldn't it be safer to take the actual
bottles?? (I like your idea but can't afford for my DH's meds to be confisicated.)
I understand your concerns and don't know about the laws regarding travel to South America. I did, however, take my meds this way in my carryon and checked luggage when we went to Italy last year and did not have any problems. Maybe someone else on this site, has had experience with taking their prescription meds to South America.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Passenger

Skimmed some of the others, however, please forgive any redundance.

Based upon experience.

1. Ditto on the guy who said to travel the day before if you need to fly to your departure location. Avoids stress and helps you be fully rested when the ship departs.

2. Arrive EARLY. I like to be on the first ones ON THE SHIP. You can get your bearings more easily with an emptier ship, and GET ANOTHER FREE MEAL!

3. Immediately after boarding, stop by the dining room; try to get friendly with someone, and find out your table assignment. If you are one of the first to put in for a change, you'll probably get it.

4. Remember that the staff can make your life merely pleasant, or a true JOY while on board. BE NICE TO EVERYONE, especially those who clean and perform basic labor functions. Tell them how much you appreciate them, and how much you hate passengers who complain about the service. Then you'll see what service really is! (This never fails).

5. Give out money at the beginning of the cruise. Let's face it, people work because they need $$$, have bills, family, etc....not because they are bored, and thought it might be fun to clean your dirty toilets while you're on vacation. I have never been told I couldn't do it, so usually start slipping out bills as soon as I spot who is capable of making my trip a good one. I often find that those who complain about service on ships are nasty, stingy passengers.

6. If you have a problem, DON'T GET NASTY with the staff...they are used to hearing everything, and having others be rude when things go wrong. The opposite behavior will get you everywhere. Then read No.s 4 & 5 above again, twice.

7. Take your own liquor on board. After you have done nos. 4 & 5, train your cabin steward to get you the same glasses used in the public bars. Make your own drinks in your cabin and use the savings to tip everyone else who will make your trip enjoyable.

8. Don't try to impress strangers at dinner. They might not have your jewelry or clothese, but might be able to buy the ship if they wanted.

9. If you think you will board late, and you have early seating, DON'T PACK YOUR DINNER CLOTHESE IN THE SUITCASE. This happened to me once, and, even though we were allowed to eat "come as we were, it was an awful experience".

10. Use premium dining. My mother says, "I already paid to get on here for the food in the dining room, why would I want to pay even more to eat". I say, "you are paying $30 for a meal you might have to spend $150 for at home".

11. If you have kids, remember that they are still YOUR CHILDREN when you are on vacation. A ship is neither a baby sitting service (unless you check in to that program) nor an excuse for your kids to act out of control and inconsiderate towards others.

12. Be considerate of others. You bought a ticket, not the entire ship. Everyone else paid to be there, too.

13. If you travel to a location where you don't speak the language, ONLY take cruiseline sponsored shore excursions. Otherwise, you are taking a big risk that isn't worth the money you might think you are saving.

14. If you tend to suffer from motion sickness, be prepared. If you use the patch, make sure to get more than what the doctor says you need. They come off in the shower and pool, and cannot be reapplied. If you are a serious sufferer (like me) then take dramamine the day before the trip leaves. Then, use only half a tablet at a time. Ask purser's desk at what point the water is likely to get rough. They know. Remember, much of the motion is controlled by underwater currents that are the same on every trip. You can use the patch and dramamine together, regardless of what you are told or read. Don't play "hero" with motion sickness...use the meds and you'll have a great time. It is a terrible thing to have your trip ruined because you have to spend 24 hours in bed!

15. Check if your personal med insurance covers you while traveling. If not, BUY SUPPLEMENTARY INSURANCE. EVERY CRUISE I hear others grumbling about their high infirmary bills. Things do happen!

16. Book as early as you possibly can. Book the best cabin within the cabin category you want (for example, most expensive outside, just below cheapest balcony, etc.). Upgrades do happen!

17. NEVER book a cabin adjoining an elevator lobby, NEVER!

18. Read reviews before you book; not all ships are created equal, and for good reason.

19. Book the first voyage of a new ship, if you can and don't care if the trip gets cancelled. You will probably get a free trip and reschedule.

20. Go with an open mind, and ready for exciting, new experiences. People are not all the same. No trip is perfect. If you're prepared, the best can be made of almost any situation.

Cheers!
Transatlantic / Pacific Princess Final Voyage, Oct. '01
Caribbean / RCL Adventure of the Seas, July '03
Caribbean / NCL Sky, June '04
Caribbean / Celebrity Horizon, Dec. '04
Old November 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

I want to thank everyone who gave information. I have found so much great info to help me make my cruise better. The one thing I can add has to do with health insurance. I work for a major health insurer and we gets lots of calls dealing with coverage out of the states. Most insurance companies will cover you out side of your home state (make sure to check with your own insurer). The strings are: When you are in foregin country ( a ship is a foregin country) the provider (the doctor) does not have to accept your state side medical card. You will most probably have to pay in full and keep your credit card reciept. If you pay in cash make sure you get a cash reciept.

You will also need a copy of the bill, I tell people that in the US doctors know how to submit claims but overseas the process may not be the same so before leaving the doctors office make sure the bill has: Who, what, when, where and Why. Who: The providers name and his ID number. What: The procedure that you had done ( he set a broken finger or took an xray -this will show as a code). When : The date of the service or procedure. Where: The address, phone number, and fax number the procedure or service took place. Why: Why did you go to the doctor, this will be the diagnosis, this will also show up as a code and perhaps written.

Once you get back to the states call your insurer and let them know you have an OUT OF AREA claim to file. Some insurer's have a set number of days that you MUST file your claim with in order to get re imbursed, mine is 30 days and all foregin claims can take up to 45-90 days to pay out. Make sure that you DO NOT send the orgianal of any of the documents, make copies and send those. Paper work does get lost and therefore you might have to submist more then once. You can always request thet you fax it in to save some time. But make sure you get the name of the person you are faxing it to! And if possible their ID number or some other way to identfy them...you would not belive how many Teresa's work with me!

My best advise that I can give about out of area claims is patience. These claims will take time and the insuer may request additional information from the provider, which if you have provided them with the contact info then you are making that job faster for you and your insurer.

Most of all be safe, healthy and have fun on your trips!

Old February 4th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Powerstrip, small clock, weak nightlight, collapsable water bottle (saves you tons of money on bottled water just fill on Lido or have bartender fill) sweater, jacket,(ships can be cold bring a dressy one for dinners casual for shore) credit cards, cash, travelers checks, sunglasses, sunscreen, always pack some shoes, and clothes, basic toiletres, and swimwear in your carryon in case your luggage gets lost you have the basics, hat, water proof money holder for excursions, copys of passport, ID (leave your real passport on ship) earplugs, eye mask,flight eze or something to prevent illness, ponytail holders, hair gel (best in tropical climates where hairspray gets too sticky) leave in conditioner styling cream cause sun/salt do a number on your hair, acne gel, facial mask (my skin reacts to different climates) moisturizer for sensitive skin, aloe gel, I like my makeup mineral powders which have spf built in, medications prescription and over the counter, try to bring everything, Imodium, pepto bismol, Cipaxen (needs RX) for Montezumas revenge, pain reliver, anti acid,
allergy cream or hydrocortizone for strange heat rashes, bandaids, triple anitbiotic cream for cuts, stong incent repellant, dollar store rain ponchos, (ship sells then for $3 each)beach bag, I like to bring at least one napsack purse (leaves your hands free for luggage) powdered Gatoraid (awesome just put some in your water prevents dehydration) powdered laundry detergent, large garbage bag to use as laundry bag, wrinkle spray, sewing kit, safety pins, duck tape, hand sanitizer, flip flops, comfy day hikers which I wear on the plane. Zip off pants are great (can be brought at REI and sporting good stores) wear on plane (with cold A/C) when arriving in hot port just zip your pant legs off, and your in shorts!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
First Mate

Excellent tips! Especially the one with tips on filing out of area insurance claims...that will be helpful to many I'm sure.

My tips:

Ditto to all those that say to fly in a day early! It makes a much more relaxing start to the cruise!

Be sure to pack your documents in your carryon or purse and keep it with you (not in the trunk of the taxi).

If you do need to pack liquids (hypoallergenic laundry soap for me), you can get leakproof bottles from www.containerstore.com

Be flexible with your plans. There are occasions that ports change or are missed.

Relax and enjoy!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
First Mate

Ok my list of unconventional things

mole skin (med/foot care dept)- you'll most likely be wearing shoes you dont normally wear and having them rub soars on your feet will ruin your day.

alarm clock

tour book cut into sections by port – makes for a more compact walk about item. Small monetary sacrifice.

water bottle w/ wide mouth cap (Nalgene type found in Target sporting good section) – fill with ice and skip paying $2/bottle for taking on shore

insulated travel mug

collapsible cooler – the fridges in the room don’t really keep things cold. Tip the room steward to keep it filled with ice

backpack – to take on shore

small binocs – to check out all those thing in the distance when your at sea and cant make out with the naked eye. Like $20 at Wallymart.

bubble wrap for bring home stuff

small sewing kit

over door organizer

coozie

night light

power strip – 3 outlet compact model from Ikea recommended

collapsible lunch box/bag and sandwich size rubbermaid containers – room service is free on the ship so why not pack a lunch when going ashore

post-it notes – to keep tabs on cabin mates comings and goings on the cabin vanity mirror

yellow and blue hi-lighter- to highlight things to do on the daily planner. Blue and yellow make green for things you both want to do.

cabin door decoration (hobby stores) (magnetic type) – makes the cabin more homely and makes finding your cabin in the long hallways easier.

R

CCL Inspiration 09
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern 09
CCL Miracle Southern '08
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas Western '07
PCL Caribbean Princess Eastern '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Western '05
RCCL Explorer of the Seas Eastern '04
CCL Destiny Southern '01
CCL Sensation Eastern '94
CCL Ecstacy Western '92
CCL Jubilee Eastern '90
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Beginner

Default Toilet smells

A packet of matches...light one after using the toilet and extinguish immediately to elliminate all smells. Works every time.
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Captain

This is such a good thread, but we need more ideas. Here's mine.
Chocolate, strawberry, and butterscotch syrup for the ice cream.
They have delicious ice cream, but the ships have limited or no
toppings. YOU MUST pack them in checked luggage. The airport and port screeners will give you fits. I told them that what I did with Butterscotch in the privacy of my own room with my own wife was none of their business.
Mardi Gras 1986 / 1987, Emerald Seas 1988, Jubilee 1989 / 2002, Sunward II 1991, Sea Breeze 1993, Seaward 1995, Celebration 1998, Norwegian Sea 2000, Destiny 2002 /2008, Rhapsody OS 2003, Conquest 2004 / 2005 / 2008, Radiance OS 2004, Pride Of America 2006, Triumph 2007 / 2012 (x2), Grandeur OS 2008, Holiday 2009, Fantasy 2009, Splendor 2010, Elation 2010, Victory 2011
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Crossword Puzzle/Cards

Always have a small crossword puzzle book in my bag for waiting at the airport or sitting by the pool. Finally learned to get books in the ships library. Don't know if anybody has mentioned it but we have cards printed out rather than writing our e-mail address and phone #..Don't know if I'm allowed to say, but Vita Print is very inexpensive..
Old November 5th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

The best tip I've seen on these boards came about 5 years ago and that is a clear over the door shoe organizer as mentioned above. I bought mine at Walmart for $6 and it's never missed a cruise. You can keep suntan lotion, MP3 player, sunglasses, flip-flops, ball caps, batteries, camera, loose change, highlighters, make-up, daily activitie sheets, etc. in them. This really helps keep the room clutter to a minimum.

Also, I wrap the handles of my luggage with alternating red and white electricians tape so it looks like a candy cane. Never a problem finding my luggage.

Don't forget bungee cords to keep those balcony doors open.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

This is a fantastic thread! I'm making my packing list for my next sailing and this helped me remember a few helpful things that hadn't made it on the list yet!

Here are mine, don't think they've been mentioned:

-Zip ties. This is a good way to know whether or not your bag has been opened without risking putting a lock on it that could get broken
-Duct tape. You never know
-A small dry erase board. Great for leaving notes for each other on those busy days or for a note/greeting for your cabin steward.
-Laminating your baggage tag. For those of you who want to be extra careful.

And the one's that have been said that I'd stress:
-Highlighters, travel mugs, bubble wrap, wrinkle remover (unless you do the good ole fashioned shower steam hehe), an open mind, an appetite and a little connection to the outside world as possible
05/14/2008 Carnival Spirit (Glacier Bay - Alaska)
11/12/2007 Carnival Freedom (US Inaugural - W Carib)
02/01/2007 Celebration (Bahamas)
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Admiral

I our last cruise I took the advise of fellow cruismate cruisers. The over the door shoe holder was by far the best suggestion ever. With three gals in one room it was great to keep our toiletries in the pockets of the holder. The other thing was the electrical strip, very handy!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Admiral

When packing for a cruise, my motto is: Take out half the clothes you packed, and replace it with twice the cash!
I always seem to not need most of the clothes I pack (I spend a lot of time in a bathing suit!) and I always see stuff I want to buy in the ports.

Another important tip if you're in an inside cabin, bring a plug in nightlight.
Those cabins are pretty dark, and when your wakeup call comes at 6 am and you can't find the phone, it can be pretty comedic!

donna
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Passenger

Default Fan!

I always travel with a fan, either a hand held "old fashion" one or a small battery one. This way when the mustard drill is called, it's 90 degrees, I can handle the heat.I meet a lot of people who want to take advantage of the breeze too. Works great while in the islands and doesn't take much space in bag.
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Passenger

so how does most people sneak liquir on the big boats? for a late night cap on the balcony?
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Passenger

does anyone know if you can bring on a box of wine with you, can that be considered one bottle per person?
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I am glad elfster posted to this thread as I almost forgot about it. There are some great suggestions here!

Thank you all.
Thanks for getting this post going again...some really great ideas.
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Captain

Our last cabin had an odor problem. The staff shampooed the carpet several times, wiped everything down, sprayed etc. Even though they were diligent, the smell would not leave. I suggested changing out the carpet, drapes and all softgoods before they sailed again. Carnival's follow up with us each day was amazing. On our last morning, we received a letter and a follow up visit from two supervisors on the ship and received a very nice credit on our on board account. We did not expect that or ask for it but it was really appreciated.

That being said, in addition to my febreze and lysol spray (minis) that I always pack, I will bring a Febreze Plug in next time (with the built in nite light).

DH likes to have his binoculars for spotting fish, dolphins, etc.

The large over door shoe organizer is great and holds everything you need without cluttering up the counter.

Contact info and itinerary printed out and placed in every bag, purse, camera bag etc. Brightly colored ribbons on each piece of luggae.

Purex Laundry sheets (new) take up very little space, are lightweight and include fabric softener the sheet.

I pack a fold up duffle bag (about $10 at Walmart for packing last minute items and or souvenirs, dirty laundry etc. on last day.

I-pod, or MP3, books, puzzle books etc. for relaxing.

A pressing cloth (or borrow a napkin from room service tray) for ironing clothes on board. Sometimes the older ships have a rust problem in the water, so the steam from their irons can leave a stain. I use a pressing cloth when I use their ironing rooms. Also bring a lint roller and Magic Spray sizing.

A record of my credit card and bank accounts, contacts etc. If I take my laptop, I have these stored in a password protected file. If on paper, be sure to lock in the safe. Better yet leave info with a trusted friend or relative (son/daughter/parent) in case you need to retrieve it due to loss cards etc.

Notify bank if you plan to use a credit card or debit/atm card in foreign country and tell them a start and end date. If you don't you may have your card blocked.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default HP magnets

There's only two things I wish I had taken but didn't:

1. Binoculars. For all the reasons mentioned previously.

2. High powered magnets. These would have been so handy!

Secure your towel to a deck chair
...or, since the walls/ceiling of cabins tend to be metal, use to hang up swimsuits to dry
...won't come off the outside of the door if someone accidentally brushes up against it
...with a little imagination can do quite a bit to entertain the kids (and adults too) in case of rainy weather....
... best of all, they take up no room at all!
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Passenger

How do i get cruise clock under my posts ?
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Beginner

Default Have Fun On the Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
When packing for a cruise, my motto is: Take out half the clothes you packed, and replace it with twice the cash!
I always seem to not need most of the clothes I pack (I spend a lot of time in a bathing suit!) and I always see stuff I want to buy in the ports.

Another important tip if you're in an inside cabin, bring a plug in nightlight.
Those cabins are pretty dark, and when your wakeup call comes at 6 am and you can't find the phone, it can be pretty comedic!

donna
Bean on the Miracle 2.
The aft Decks are not crowded usually, and the pool is nice and quiet. Plus you can look back over the ship
Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanicans View Post
FOR THE LADIES I BRING A "PLASTIC SHOE HOLDER" AND HANG IT OVER THE DOOR EITHER IN THE BATHROOM OR IN THE CLOSET. YOU CAN PUT ALMOST ANYTHING IN THE DEPARTMENTS AND IT TAKES UP LESS SPACE.....FOR INSTANCE: SOCKS, UNDERWEAR, MAKE-UP, BATHING SUITS, TOWELS, ETC.
This was the best thing ever. Also the power strip and air freshner.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Enjoy every cruise for its own merits and don't compare it to other sailings that were better.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991