Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2001, 10:59 AM
betmart

Default Last minute bargains

Can you tell me -- REALLY - what net site, or how, is the best place to find last minute bargains rates on particular cruises. Is there such a thing as "stand by" where you can just show up on the day of sailing and see if there is a cabin and negotiate with someone(?) a rate? Is there a particular web site or agency that REALLY lists last minute rates -- like cruises leaving within say 1 to 3 weeks? Surely the cruise lines would rather take a really low rate than have empty cabins. Also, what cruise company offers the best deals for seniors? Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t
Default Re: Last minute bargains

Hi,
there are a lot of good websites out there. Check out www.icruise.com www.cruise411.com www.cruise.com www.mytravelco.com. Thats just a few. You can register with them to be sent last minute deals by e-mail. I don't recommend going to the port the day of sailing to get a ticket. I did that 2 years ago. We had gone to Florida for a quick getaway and saw the ships at port canaveral. My husband said lets go see if we can get on one. We went in and there was a last minute cancelation. We ended up paying 1500 for a 3 night cruise on the Fantasy for 3 people . Cat 4a. cabin. If we had bought from a travel agent we would have paid 299 per person. I checked with my travel agent when we got back. I knew it was way high but my husband would have nothing else but to go. you could also register with the bargin finder on this site. I've never used it but I think for my next cruise I'll check it out. Hope this helps a little. Good luck!! Linda
Old September 6th, 2001, 05:54 PM
susan l

Hi, I sent you a separate e-mail, but I'm going to go ahead and "say" the
name of the site. I didn't think this board wanted "names" named, but everyone
else seems to list them.

So here goes: <www.vacationstogo.com> This is a really great site, with some
exceptional prices. Ask for Serena, she's really nice.
Old September 6th, 2001, 09:53 PM
Robocop

Frankly the best way to get the best last minute deals is to let your TA know that you wish to be notified of any last minute sales that come across his/her desk. Unless you pick one up every now and then don't look for the calls to continue though. It is called the "A" list for the best customers. Additionally you can 'subscribe' to lots of TA Websites that will send you information on deals that come across their desks as well. Checking right here at Cruisemates you may also find a bargain that some staff member has seen and posted in the bargain areas.
The one thing you do NOT want to do is just show up at the pier and try to get a discounted cabin. It just doesn't happen. Even if you are lucky enough to get a cabin, you will pay regular rate and it will be higher than if you had booked it wiht a TA beforehand. The days of showing up and telling the Purser you have a couple hundred dollars and to give you a cabin do not exist anymore, if they ever really did.
Jim