It is very difficult to find a Kerala honeymoon package without a tour into the wildlife reserves. The natural beauty of the land has been subdivided into different categories by the state forest department. Some of the categories are,
Category I – Scientific Reserve/Strict Nature Reserve
• Areas with some outstanding features in the ecosystem
• Species of flora and fauna of national scientific importance, representative of particular natural areas
• Fragile life forms or ecosystems
• Important biological or geological diversity
• Areas of particular importance to the eco conservation of the genetic resources
The main concern here is with respect to the continuity of the natural processes and the strict control of human interference.
Category II – National Park
• A relatively large area where one or several ecosystems are not materially altered by human use
• The highest competent government authority has taken steps to prevent or control such alterations
• Visitors are allowed to enter, under special conditions for inspirational, educative, cultural, and recreation purposes
Category III – Natural Monument/Natural Landmark
• Area that normally contains one or more specific natural features of outstanding national significance
• Because of its uniqueness or rarity, it should be protected
• Ideally it should have little or no sign of human activity
Category IV – Nature Conservation Reserve/Managed Nature Reserve/Wildlife Sanctuary
A variety of land areas fall into this category. Although each has as its primary purpose, the protection of nature, the production of harvestable renewable resources may play a secondary role in its management. Habitat manipulation may be required to provide optimum conditions for certain species, communities, or features of special interest.
I think we really need to get this second honey moon with my wife. Since she is a nature lover, going to this kind of place is really fantastic.
***edited to remove commercial reference***
Last edited by Donna; August 24th, 2011 at 09:42 AM.
Reason: removed hyper link