Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default What are the chances?

Of finding somebody you met on a cruise if you only know their first name?

I'm sure this has been asked before...

I was a first time cruiser, on a 7 day long cruise out of NYC on the Norwegian Gem. I met a guy on the second to last night and we spent some time together that night. I only remember his first name, I had a little too much to drink and can't even recall what floor he was on, just that it had a balcony. I went back to my own room and didn't stay very long because I wasn't interested in anything more than what had already transpired. I thought it would be best to leave it at that, but we agreed to meet again that night for drinks and dancing.

For some reason, again I didn't get any more information even when I saw him again. He was acting kind of shy the second night, and he most certainly didn't ask me. I left without bothering, but the more I thought about it after i got home, the more I wished I had at least gotten his facebook information.

My brother met a few girls on the cruise and has since added them to facebook, and i'm curious as to whether or not I could find him by adding some of the other people from the cruise starting with these girls. I think maybe this is my best bet.

It's not that important because I don't even know where he's from and i'm not interested in anything more than what happened already. With that said, I still feel like I would like to keep in touch with him and find out a bit more about him. Does anyone have any advice? I know it's like a needle in a haystack, but I'd like to have a go at looking for the needle.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Familiar Face

After my first cruise (before facebook and everything) I met someone and about 6 months later, we ran into each other at a sporting event. Turns out he lived about 3 hours from me. We didn't exchange information, so it was quite the surprise.

To make it a little weirder, a year later he ended up being my college tour guide when I was visiting a school.

I kept unintentionally running into him for a good 5-6 years after the cruise lol so it is possible! I'd say either check on facebook for this person, or you could always go through rollcalls (I'm not sure about Norwegian, but Carnival has a forum on their sites for rollcalls).

Carnival Liberty, 1/28/11
RCCL 2003,2004
Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Admiral

You could try posting a message on a social network if you are a member and perhaps he will see it and contact you .
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Social networking is really the only way,and that's iffy There is no way via the cruiselines, to get any info...good luck!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator