Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Alaska
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2005, 09:59 PM
SHD

Default Vancouver US Direct

Has anyone used the US Direct at Vancouver airport? RCI says to follow the signs and bypass customs eliminating about 2 hours time. I'm concerned about my not actually transfering my luggage personally at baggage claim and leaving it up to RCI US Direct. Hate to be on a 7 day cruise without luggage. Also is this US Direct bypass done upon departure as well.
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Frank B

Default Re: Vancouver US Direct

I just did it two days ago on the Radiance. It works well. The ship gives you baggage tags with bar codes on them. You put these on the suitcases the last night. The morning you leave they give you your boarding passes and baggage claim tags. I took the ships transfers. We were one of the first groups to leave the ship. From the time we boarded the bus to my gate was 90 minutes. You clear customs and immigration and security partially on the bus and them at a back gate to the airport. Cost is $20 and well worth it.